ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
KvThiel is on a distinguished road
Default Breakdown -> call operator -> repair breakdown by operator

Hi,

I have a problem with splitting the task of breakdown repair by operator.

What I want is:
- Let a processor breakdown. (processor 1)
On the breakdown, another process will started (call operator, processor6).
On the end of this process I used a message trigger that will send the message to processor 1 again.

In the OnMessage trigger I tried to copy the part from the standard Breakdowns menu functions, Down Function : Execute stopobject() and call operators and tried to customize it. When I run the model, the On message trigger will fire, but it doesn't start the process at all.

I want to start repair time when the operator arrives at Processor 1, So I deleted the return 1; in the Down Function, to only stop the proces.

I attached the model.

Could somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Kind regards,

KvThiel
Attached Files
File Type: fsm SmallBreakdownTryout1.4.fsm (67.6 KB, 92 views)
Old 01-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
you send a message to an object on that a stopobject command is previously executed. That is similar to the method of shuting down your own computer and write something on your keyboard. What will happen is nothing at all. Before you can send a message to a stopped object you have to start (resume) the object.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (01-23-2013)
Old 01-31-2013
Flexsim User

Thank you Jrg,

Could you also help me with the following part.

I will know let the other processor (processor 6) send the task sequence to the operator as a on Finish trigger but now I have another problem:

How can I refer to breakdown function times ( of processor 1) in a custom code, because I want to synchronise the time MTBF and the MTTR in my tasksequence for the operator to repair the part.

I already tried:

node("Main:/model/Tools/MTBFMTTR/MTBFMTTR24>variables/mtbf")

But it didn't work. Could you send me a right reference code or another way to do this?

Kind regards KvThiel
Old 01-31-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
the mtbf and the mttr are return values of their functions. They aren't stored. But you can assign them in the time functions to a variable and next write them to a label at the processor. At the end of the function you return that variable value. Thus you have access to them.
Old 02-26-2013
Flexsim User

Again Thanks Jorg,

Finally one small question. I build a task sequence that has to start on message (send on process finish, processor 6). The first time it works fine, but the times after the first time, the operator stays in a Utilize state. I already tried to freeoperators(..) but it doesn't work.

What do I do wrong, the simplified model is attached??
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Breakdown.fsm (45.0 KB, 75 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Operator Utilized During Fixed Resource Breakdown Ramez Tadros Q&A 19 08-16-2010 07:03 PM
Call a specific operator Michael Hartlieb Q&A 3 06-29-2009 09:04 AM
Call Two operators for Repair but wait until both are available Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 6 10-15-2008 01:12 PM
Preempting for machine breakdown Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 4 10-15-2008 01:49 AM
Repair Operator David Chan Q&A 1 01-22-2008 11:37 PM