ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 09-12-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Elevator

I am trying model an elevator bank with 2 elevators.

How do I model if the number of people arrives is more than the capacity of the elevator, the remain will to go the next elevator?
Old 09-12-2014
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

David,
can you post the model you did up to the point where you need to determine which elevator to use? From the information I got from your description just a dispatcher should do it, but that would be to easy of a solution for your level of experience
So I am obviously missing information.
Best wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
Old 09-14-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hi David,

I have solved the problem in other way.I have used Jason's Group capacity code(https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ead.php?t=1515) to solve the problem.In the source send to logic i have used "Group send" to allocate Task executor's flow item to the Queues in a group

I use Queues as group members so that they can receive items by calling 'groupreceiveitem' and passing in the capacity.The elevator capacity is in the Queues.

You place Queues down the elevator and make it invisible.Attached is the model.But the model is not in HC

Sagar
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Elevators.fsm (26.8 KB, 683 views)

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 12-15-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Uploaded attachment model
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (09-15-2014)
Old 09-23-2014
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Waiting time at the lobby

Hi

Just to continue from this model, I would like to measure the waiting time of the passenger at the lift lobby. With the network node, the passenger did not wait at the waiting area but all gathered at the node. The waiting time is not captured.

Anyway to capture that information?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm elevator waiting time.fsm (65.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-23-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Default Waiting time at the lobby

Hi

I managed to capture the waiting time though the approach is a bit crude. Feel free to suggest.

1. Create a label in the patient track.
2. Create a time stamp on the label when the arrival is done.
3. Calculate the time difference when the patient leaves the node to enter into the lift. Set the value into the label.
4. Capture that information using the dashboard.

Feel free to suggest. I am not too happy that I need to use node continue trigger to complete the task.

Thanks

David
Attached Files
File Type: fsm elevator waiting time.fsm (77.3 KB, 24 views)

Tags
elevator

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elevator BreakTo Kurt Ehlers Q&A 1 08-19-2013 08:17 AM
Problem with Elevator Pablo Concha FlexSim HC: Q&A 3 07-30-2013 08:40 AM
Elevator in shopingmal Uri Schtalheim Q&A 2 08-17-2012 05:32 AM
Elevator David Chan Q&A 2 02-20-2008 07:20 PM