ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 08-01-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute
Default FlexSim 6.0.2 Available

Release Notes
  • Fixed a bug with double-clicking experimenter results to drill down into the dashboard data that the point represents.
  • Updated the tree version number; old FlexSim versions will now correctly give an error message when trying to open new tree files.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing Flexsim to crash when the bundle field names' length exceeded 500 characters.
  • Fixed a bug with automatic state naming in setstate().
  • Fixed a bug with the context menu's positioning on code windows.
  • Fixed nodeinsertafter()'s return value.
  • Fixed a speed issue when resetting a model in Windows XP.
  • Stopping the model now updates the content statistics on objects.
  • Fixed a bug with OnRunStop firing at incorrect times in experiment child processes.
  • Fixed a bug with the tree's bundle display.
  • Fixed some display issues with bar charts in the dashboard.
  • Fixed "Distanced Traveled" statistics objects.
  • Fixed the "Down State" combo box on the MTBF MTTR gui.
  • Fixed a bug on the Fluid Ticker if you create a tick in 0 time.
  • Changed several task sequence picklist options to default to using the priority and preempt values specified in the gui.
  • Changed the recorder pie chart's colors to match the state chart.
  • Fixed some user interface quirks with the new trigger editor popup.
  • Fixed the task executer's Breaks page.
  • Fixed a bug with setname() on subnodes of hashed-list nodes in C++.
  • Fixed bug with applying the user commands window.
  • Fixed a bug with sizes/locations sometimes being set to 0 when applying a properties windows that was opened through the right-click menu.
  • Fixed the logevent() for receivefromport.
  • Fixed an issue with the code editor's OnClose not asking for Apply.
  • Other minor bug fixes from the development list.

NOTE:

In version 6, we made some changes to the tree structure that made it incompatible with previous versions of Flexsim, but we forgot to increment the tree version flag in the engine.

For 6.0.2, we have fixed that bug by incrementing the version flag correctly. This makes it so that old versions of Flexsim properly give an error instead of crashing when trying to open new tree files.

Because of this change, FlexSim 6.0.0 will be unable to open 6.0.2 models. If you have trouble opening a model, be sure to upgrade to 6.0.2.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (08-01-2012)
Old 08-03-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Michael Roosen is on a distinguished road

Can't load *.skp shapes since 6.0.2. Flexsim always gives an exception error message. Does anybody else have this problem?

This problem only occured after installing 6.0.2 using the downloadable installer-file. After that I made a system restore and copied the new 6.0.2 files manually into the flexsim folder. Now skp files seems to work correctly.

Last edited by Michael Roosen; 08-03-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Found a unlovely workaround.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Roosen For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012
Flexsim Development

Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Roosen View Post
Can't load *.skp shapes since 6.0.2. Flexsim always gives an exception error message.
I found the problem in the installer and uploaded a new version of it to the website.

Thanks.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 08-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

The second version seemed to break the webkit for me - I've gone back to the initial one.
Old 08-06-2012
Flexsim Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lightfoot View Post
The second version seemed to break the webkit for me - I've gone back to the initial one.
Does anyone else have this problem? It seems like everything is fine to me.
Old 08-10-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello,

I did not test the Flexsim Web server in version 6.0 and I don't know if I should change any settings on my computer, but when I try to start the Flexsim web server in 6.02 I get an error message.

Unfortunately I don't have time to look into it right now, but I just tested if I could start the web server.

Esther
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1891  
Old 09-21-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Duplicating center port using Selected Object Utility

Hi

When I use this function in duplicating the center connection the program stopped.

Is there a bug here?

David
Old 09-22-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

In small test model using the 'Edit Select Objects' Modeling Utility, it works fine.

So there might be some other corruption - I'd also check that the memory used by Flexsim is still below the limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
David Chan (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lightfoot View Post
In small test model using the 'Edit Select Objects' Modeling Utility, it works fine.

So there might be some other corruption - I'd also check that the memory used by Flexsim is still below the limit.
Thanks Jason. I will try to check it.

David