ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-17-2015
Martin Jensen

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default How to use Wordwrap GUI attribute

How do I use the wordwrap attribute to make an edit box in the GUI wrap a long text to multiline? I have a long description text on nodes that I want to display in a GUI box, but it always ends up in just one long line. Can I add a newline to such a text, and even without it, how do I make it look right in a textbox?

In the user manual following description is given to wordwrap:
"This attribute specify wrapping text in the editor. If the value is 0, then there is no text wrapping."

But when I drag the wordwrap attribute to my edit object there is no way to set any values for it. Unlike most other attributes where an input window is shown to the right when the node is clicked, the wordwrap attribute does not seem to have a value to set.
Old 04-29-2015
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

The standard text fields are not able to display multiple lines of text. Views like the Output/System console are actually script windows. Another example would be the description popups on objects. Open an object's properties window and next to the object name click the i image. Again, this is just a script window. To see that example look at: VIEW:/popups/DescriptionPopup/editdescription
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (04-29-2015)

Tags
forum search, gui, wordwrap