ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-19-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Screen won't refresh using stop and go

I have a model that is controlled by using sockets and to prevent time synchronisation errors I use stop(1) and go(1) to stop and start the model. But now I have a problem that after a stop the model seems to have stopped running but when I move the mouse around the model jumps to the next stop position.

If I keep the mouse moving the model keeps flowing fluently.

It looks like the go command doesn't have enough power to refresh the screen or something. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I am pretty sure, that you know the command repaintall() to make a screen refresh. I only mention this here, because other might not know.

Please try to use the command applicationcommand("run");
This is what I use on my buttons and I think this command does bit more than just go().
There are also application commands for “reset”, “stop” and various other things.
Old 08-20-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Tom,

Thanks, ofcourse I know repaintall() but didn't remember it

I'm going to give it a try and also try the applicationcommand, but I'm affraid that they are going to make everything slower and it could be that my model starts and stop a few times within a second so I can use every millisec that I can find.

But thanks for remembering me and I'll give it a try

Tags
go(1), refresh rate, screen update, stop(1)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Suggestion]Time bar can be used in Full Screen Mode KelvinHo Gripes and Goodies 1 05-20-2010 03:25 AM
Highlight a Visual Tool set to Screen Locked Billboard in perspective view? RalfGruber Q&A 3 03-25-2009 08:49 AM
Make sure you stop model with the stop button before collecting state based statistics Paul Dowling Tips and Tricks 2 06-10-2008 08:10 AM
Stop conveyor on loading mathiasds Q&A 2 11-20-2007 04:31 PM
Dispay information on separate screen Maurits Brandt Tips and Tricks 1 10-09-2007 02:23 AM