ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 11-27-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
betabethany is on a distinguished road
Default getcreationtime on Flowitem

Of course my question has to do with LABELS since I've watched every FlexSim video on earth and labels are the bain my existence these days. I want to set a label on all my flowitems to getcreationtime and to getexittime (is this a command, because I couldn't find it on the command menu). Where do I do this and where can I compare the answers?

Basically, it is very important that every flowitem is processed in less than 1440 time units total. I need to track this information I can not figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? I've attached my model for reference.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm LapelPin_model1.fsm (83.1 KB, 86 views)
Old 11-27-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hi betabethany,
I remember sometime back i saw a thread some thing related to this.Hope this can help you
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=748

and there is a model in download section Sample_TimeLabelQueueSorting_TD

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=151
The items have a time stamp which are the creation date.
Old 11-28-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Every flowitem has the attribute “stats_creationtime”. To get this time use the commandgetcreationtime(). To calculate the flow time or time in system just use time() minus getcreationtime().

In your model I would use the OnEntry trigger of the sink “Sk-ToShipping. To store the information for all flow items you could use a global table or a node (e.g.label) with bundle data.
You could popup a screen message or write into the Output Console if the time is greater1440.

Last edited by Tom David; 11-28-2013 at 02:54 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom David For This Useful Post:
syseo (12-03-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Customizing Flowitem Bin Howe Chiat Cheng User Development 9 06-25-2014 07:09 AM
Flowitem unloading from conveyor Manoj Kumar Q&A 1 08-13-2013 12:56 PM
Flowitem Class cswmitb Q&A 2 06-21-2012 07:58 AM
Flowitem in combiner George Serhan Q&A 9 02-01-2012 03:09 AM
Customizing Flowitem Attributes - a quest for the flowitem with the fewest attributes Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 11-22-2007 12:22 PM