ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-20-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of
Question shadows sketchup

Hi,

I'm working with sketchup-files and have a problem with the shadows. It looks like that the sketchup-shadows are flipped. I'm using a point light in the view settings.

I've added an example. Can anyone please confirm this problem? Maybe it is just a selfmade problem

Thanks

Carsten
Attached Files
File Type: zip shadow_behavior.zip (83.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 05-21-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

With v5 I can't open the file. Flexsim freezes and I get an error message in the system console.

With v6 I get the same problem (I guess). I attached some screenshots.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jens Mühlheimer For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (05-21-2012)
Old 05-21-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

I should have mentioned that it is a flexsim v6 model, sorry

Thanks for screenshots and response!
Old 05-21-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Our Sketchup importer doesn't seem to be reading the normals correctly. In Sketchup, you can flip which face is the front and which is the back, but that isn't affecting the Flexsim import right now. The problem is probably fixable on our end by modifying how we read the normals from the skp file.

I'll add it to the development list to look into it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (05-22-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sketchup import George Serhan Competitive Comparisons 2 12-19-2011 09:01 AM
Sketchup color mbaccalaro Q&A 7 04-11-2011 03:54 PM
Sketchup Pro Export Settings Joshua Cole Q&A 7 03-15-2011 10:08 AM
Sketchup driver failure David Chan Installation 7 02-07-2011 09:27 AM
Does Flexsim support Google SketchUp ? qin tian Q&A 10 02-05-2011 12:04 PM