ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-22-2012
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
shafizad is on a distinguished road
Default extending functionalities for TASKTYPE_?

Hello,
I would like to know how I can extend the commands that start with TASKTYPE. The advantage is that I can include all the other useful commands that exist in flexsim as part of my task sequence.

Say, I want to set the color of an item as a TASKTYPE. It means I like to create a TASKTYPE_SETCOLOR. How can I do that?

Messy solutions that come to mind:
1) Messing around with sending messages and then do whatever on recieving the message.
2) There seems to be some shortcuts such as using TASKTYPE_NODEFUNCTION. I mean like this example (http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1754).

Is there any intention by the dev team about supporting more functions in task sequences.
Old 05-23-2012
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have any plans right now for significantly increasing the set of task types. Although some may disagree, I think the current set keeps a good balance between capability/flexibility and "learnability". The relatively short list of task types makes it so users can quickly learn the set of essential types, and then adapt to their needs using the task types available.

The other "messy" option you have (although I don't think it's that messy) is to just set the color values explicitly with TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM. The messy part of that is that it requires three tasks, one for each color component, which to me isn't that big a deal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (06-06-2012)

Tags
task sequence, tasktype_nodefunction