ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-15-2014
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Animation creator units issue in version 7

We have a nice object consisting of 3 components in the animation creator. The object is build in a "meter" environment and now I want to use it in a model with an "inch" environment. So all the components are really small. Now it is not so difficult to change all the dimensions in the quick properties but they are not stored!

I can go into the three but then I have to change for every animation, keyframe, body all the information in the tree, which is a pain.
In version 6 there was an update keyframe buttons and it looks like that stored those settings, but that seems missing in version 7.

So am I right that that button is missing and if so is that a bug or is there another way to achieve what I want?
Old 05-15-2014
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

If you Save Base Positions on your object in the meter model before saving your visuals, then when you load those visuals and press Reset in the inch model, the components will resize appropriately to the inch object's size.

If your components are resizing with the object's size appropriately, then they will also resize appropriately in a model built with a different length unit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (05-16-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the differences between Visual Animation Creator and Kinematics? syseo Q&A 16 04-04-2013 10:30 PM
Animation Creator - Add tool to TE hand CSaunders Gripes and Goodies 0 04-12-2012 05:14 PM
will animator creator replace kinamatics in most cases? zhang xin Q&A 3 01-20-2011 10:51 AM
Animation Creator Esther Bennett Q&A 5 06-12-2010 07:21 AM
Full Version v.s. Free Trial Version v.s. Runtime Version Cliff King Installation 5 02-14-2010 01:01 PM