ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-17-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Visualization of NetworkNodes

Is there an easy way to change the size of the NetworkNodes?
I know that I could write an own custom draw command, but maybe there is an easier way?
What about to change the size of the spline points? Is there a way to do this?
Or is the above not possible, because these are special objects with special visualization?
Old 05-17-2008
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom,

There is a variable called "drawsize" on every network node which determines the size. You can set them individually if you need to, or go to "Travel Networks" in the side menu, where there are two plus and minus buttons to increase or decrease the size globally.

I've not seen how to do the splines yet - I'll have a look and post here if I find it.

Jason
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (05-20-2008)
Old 05-19-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Tom,

The following thread contains some code that will draw the name or a triangle above an object: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=453

This code was originally placed on network nodes in a large model; however, instead of labels Global variables were used so that all of the nodes would toggle the same. This is a little different from what you asked but it does give a nice effect that can be quite usefull.

Brandon
Old 05-19-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

The NetworkNode is coded to have a variable size, but the SplinePoint is coded to only draw a 4 pixel square, and only be selected when you click inside that 4 pixel square. The only way to change the size of a SplinePoint is to edit the OnDraw code in the library.

Just to make it clear, WE DISCOURAGE USERS FROM EDITING THE LIBRARY CODE. With that said, here's how to do it:
In the node MAIN:/project/library/SplinePoint>behaviour/eventfunctions/OnDraw, change the pink integer on line 4 to be the number of pixels you want the SplinePoint to be. To make it select properly, you must also proportionally change the floats on lines 20 and 22. You will need to compile the entire session in the Build menu after these changes, and they won't save with the model.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
Tom David (05-20-2008)
Old 05-19-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Tom, Alex,

If you are just trying to change the pixel size of the network nodes then it would be easiest to follow Jason's example above. It should have the same effect and you don't have to change library code or compile.

If you want to draw some other wild design or something then follow Alex's or my post depending on what you want to do.

Brandon
Old 05-20-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Guys,

Thank you for your posts and all the information and help.

The hint from Jason was a really good one and showed me (again) that I use the side menu (tool bar) too rarely even if it is such a powerful tool. I really need to examine this tool much deeper.

I agree with Alex that it is a good idea not to edit the library code. I did this once in the past and will NEVER do it again.

Thanks again and see my question being answered.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visualization of ASRSvehicle Tom David Q&A 4 09-07-2009 07:37 PM
Visualization tobias.biemueller Q&A 7 02-26-2008 04:37 PM