ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-08-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Bill Lank is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with network nodes

I'm trying to build an object that I can save in a user library so I can reuse it. I need to include a task executer and a network node path. The attached simple model demonstates the functionality I need, however when I copy the object to a user library and then copy it back to my model the task executor looses its connection to the node path. Any suggestions on what I've done wrong.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip test network node.zip (28.0 KB, 100 views)
Old 05-10-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

The connection is made through the network navigator which won't be part of your object (and shouldn't be afaik). Try making the connection with the contextdragconnection() command in the reset trigger or when the objects is dragged from the the library and re-created .

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 05-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Danny Pavan (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Bill Lank is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Jason. I tried making the connection in the reset trigger and it worked.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
draw network nodes using data from an excel sheet Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 7 10-14-2014 08:40 AM
Flexscript question (network nodes and splines) ericdaoust Q&A 5 10-21-2013 10:03 AM
Remove the arrows and green dots from the link joining 2 network nodes Nischith Kashyap Q&A 3 09-19-2011 09:27 AM
Network Nodes Rachid Kolfin Q&A 14 02-03-2011 08:34 PM
Connecting network nodes in different containers KelvinHo Q&A 1 05-28-2008 06:49 AM