ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough
Default Problem with redefined keyboard keys

I am having a problem with Flexsim redefining some of my keyboard keys while editing code. The problem seems to be with certain symbol keys and I am not sure how this is happening. Examples of the problem are as follows:

// types like this éé
" types like this ``
# types like this /
@ types like this "

The problem is isolated to Flexsim as the keys are not redefined within any other application running at the time. This post is an example of that as I was able to type the correct symbols above with the proper keys. I copied and pasted the alternative symbols from my Flexsim code. To reset the keyboard, I shutdown and restart Flexsim

Has anyone else had this problem? If yes, have you been able to diagnose the cause and come up with a simpler solution?

Thanks in advance,

Danny
Old 06-21-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds similar to the 'Language Bar' setting in the system tray as shown attached. I've found I can quick toggle this by pressing Ctrl+Shift together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keyboard.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1028  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Danny Pavan (06-21-2010), Phil BoBo (06-21-2010)
Old 06-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Shift-Ctrl combination is also how I've been inadvertently toggling the keyboard setting.

Thanks!