ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 06-02-2015
Cindy Azuero

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default exception: Could not write html file (User Manual)

Hi,

When I try to open the user manual it returns the following exception

exception: Could not write html file

and the window that I show in the photo.

Do you know how can I solve it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Excepcion Manual.PNG
Views:	691
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	2866  
Old 06-02-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Check you have write folder permissions on %ProgramData%\Flexsim\FlexSim7\help

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 06-08-2015 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Corrected to help directory
Old 06-05-2015
Cindy Azuero

I checked it and the folder did not have permissions for modify and write. I changed them, but the problem is still happening.

On the other side, I find out that if I run the software as the administrator, the problem ends.

So, what is missing in my process when I try to change the permissions of the folder?
Old 06-08-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - it should be the help directory so

%ProgramData%\Flexsim\FlexSim7\help

Also for those whose FlexSim productid.txt has a different value on the first line (default is FlexSim7 in the current version) - you'll need permission on the following folder:

%ProgramData%\Flexsim\<ProductID>\help
Old 06-16-2015
Cindy Azuero

I've the permissions for Modify and Write on C:\Program Files\FlexSim7.5\Help and the problem is still there.
Old 06-16-2015
Flexsim Consultant

It's the %programdata% folder and that means your help folder is going to be in C:/ProgramData/FlexSim/FlexSim7

If you can't see ProgramData it my be hidden based on the folder options setting, but you can just paste %ProgramData%\Flexsim\FlexSim7\ into a "run" window (windows key +'R'), hit Ok or Enter and it will open the correct folder, ready for you to check/set permissions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (06-16-2015)
Old 06-16-2015
Cindy Azuero

Ohh sorry, I did not see the difference. I done what you say and it works. Thank you very much.