ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-26-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
shafizad is on a distinguished road
Default Rack Sizetable

Hi,
I want to use a rack to cover the green area of this picture attached. the difficulty is that I cannot create the spaces in between using one rack.

In other words, I can create space in one direction by eliminating the levels in a bay (Sizetable, advanced subsection). but this is not possible for the other direction.(just open the model and upload the pic in VisualLayout.)
:::
One suggestion would be to use two or more racks. I want to know if I can do the job by one rack?

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	example.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1082  
Attached Files
File Type: zip test3.zip (29.8 KB, 176 views)
Old 07-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I am not an expert for racks and I did not check what I write here. So it is more a guessing but I hope it will give you some hints.

I had a look into the tree of the rack and under variables I find three nodes where I guess that the nodes which are related to the cells.
contenttable – to manage the content in the cells
locationtable – location of the cells
sizetable – size of the cells

I test to delete in the sizetable in Bay1 to Bay8 the Level 1, which works. I think the same needs to be done in the other two tables.
The big question is and this is what I did not test, if the rack will only use the remaining cells.

Please delete the cells you do not need directly in the tree in all three tables and test how the rack behaves. That’s at least what I would try to solve the task with only one rack.
If this does not work I think the idea using more than one rack would be the way to go.
Old 07-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

I am not an expert, either.
I would build an table for all my racks, that declare which cells can be occupied and which cells are closed for any operation. This strategy has so much opportunities.

Give it a try!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (07-27-2010)
Old 07-27-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom David View Post
I am not an expert for racks and I did not check what I write here. So it is more a guessing but I hope it will give you some hints.

I had a look into the tree of the rack and under variables I find three nodes where I guess that the nodes which are related to the cells.
contenttable – to manage the content in the cells
locationtable – location of the cells
sizetable – size of the cells

I test to delete in the sizetable in Bay1 to Bay8 the Level 1, which works. I think the same needs to be done in the other two tables.
The big question is and this is what I did not test, if the rack will only use the remaining cells.

Please delete the cells you do not need directly in the tree in all three tables and test how the rack behaves. That’s at least what I would try to solve the task with only one rack.
If this does not work I think the idea using more than one rack would be the way to go.
Thanks,

In terms of visual demonstration of rack, you have control over (1) the height of each level at a certain bay and (2) the offset of each bay with respect to its neighbor. (3) the width of each bay.
What is missing is the offset of each level with respect to its neighboring level.

The sizetable in treenode allows me to manipulate the baywidth(3) and level height(1). the locationtable allows me to manipulate the offset of each bay(2) but the inner nodes of the locationtable that should allow me to control the offset of levels don't work!!!
Old 07-27-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
I am not an expert, either.
I would build an table for all my racks, that declare which cells can be occupied and which cells are closed for any operation. This strategy has so much opportunities.

Give it a try!
Thanks Jörg,
first, I don't know how your suggestion could be applied. pls, let me know how I can use a table for controlling cells of the rack.

second issue, My question is more of a customer satisfaction point of view (cosmotic surgery ). Because, I wanted my model to reflect a plan of the manufacture and also have a transporter to pass through the spaces.
Old 07-27-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Default empty bay in a rack

I build a small model. The code is in the OnReset-trigger to define the empty bay. For this example it isn't necessary to build the same size for the global table as for the rack. Just one row would be enough. But with same size of the table as for the rack you can build individual patterns of empty cells.

Further code is in both Place in-triggers. Important is the code in the Place in Bay.
The model doesn't solve your problem, but it gives you a hint.

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: zip EmptyBay.zip (30.1 KB, 408 views)

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:27 AM.

Tags
advanced, bay, level, rack, sizetable

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to take from the rack mariogib Q&A 17 08-05-2009 08:12 PM
lifo fom a rack?? Kevin Baird Q&A 4 06-26-2008 04:23 PM