ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-18-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Post Using sources and distributions

Dear All Hi, Glad to be in FlexSim Forums
I am new to the group, and doing my Bachelors Degree as an industrial engineer
Yesterday while building the model I faced the Message saying:

Model limit was reached

There Currently exists a model limit.

Model size must stay below this limit.

and for my project to graduate still i have double the size of this project " and it is for academic purposes" what shall i do?

2nd Question?
while building a packaging line i am getting the packaging machine process time, but for raw materials as a source i have the consumption in tons/hr how shall i put as a Normal Distribution, Exponential, or Constant or what ?? please help me in this because I have many raw materials flowing in the model and i don't know which distribution i have to use??
Old 02-19-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hassan,

welcome to the forum.
I answer your 2nd question first. You have an continuous input in a discrete simulation. Therefore you can use the fluid object library. After you have transformed the continuous flow into discrete pieces you can use a combiner.
Your first question belongs to the license you have got. If you see at start of Flexsim that it is the express license please contact your Flexsim distributor or your administrator how to install or receive an educational, standard or any other suitable license.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Hassan Elhajj (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015
Hassan Elhajj

Downloads: 2

but the issue it is not fluids, it is taps and caps
so i don't think i have to use the fluids and then change it into Discrete, I agree with you about the combiners which I did, But my concern was about what distribution shall I use or shall I keep it as a constant number ?
Old 02-19-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hassan,

I misunderstood your question. One approach is to use a constant input frequence. Another is you insert a queue with the capacity of one which pulls from a source. The queue is connected with your combiner. If you want to define or set a maximum release of your caps in an hour, you close the output of the queue when you reach the limit. And you open the output when the next period begins.
If you have a constant output of caps in an hour you can change the arrival style to arrival schedule and define two times when products should enter the model. In the schedule table you can set the amount of items, which are created at the times. Activate the Repeat Schedule/Sequence, then.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Hassan Elhajj (02-19-2015)

Tags
distribution, model, units

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim Basics: Statistical Distributions Markus Cueva FlexSim Media 0 04-07-2014 09:55 AM
combining same temtypes from two sources Radhakrishnan R Q&A 5 08-03-2012 11:59 AM
First Interval Distributions Jason Lightfoot Tips and Tricks 0 08-01-2010 07:07 PM
Distributions in Flexsim michaelsmith Q&A 1 06-16-2010 06:44 AM
Explanation of empirical, cempirical and dempirical distributions Cliff King Q&A 0 01-04-2008 12:12 PM