ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-06-2016
Thomas Wyssenbach

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Question Activate/deactivate Components in Animations during Runtime

Hello all
I am trying to add some visually animated components to a TE as flow item and would like to de/activate them during a simulation run.
In fact, there will be male & female TE as flow items with each carrying either backbacks, trolleys, handbags, etc. or a combination of them. During runtime, the TE as flow items will get rid of them and will walk without - or a different combination. All that, I would like to define in run time.

So far, I have tried several paths: The one, that presently make most sense to me is adding the additional visuals as "components" in the "Animations and Components" tab. It would now be ideal, if I could de/activate the components individually in runtime by flexscript - similar to what I can do that by clicking on the "eye" symbol in the GUI.

Any hints, how I can access this parameter (or any other parameter with the same effect) of the "TE as flow item" by flexscript? Going through the Model tree did not lead to a success yet.

Thank you very much for your support

rgs Tom
Old 05-06-2016
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can reference component objects using the node() command, and you can hide objects using the switch_hideshape() command:

Code:
treenode component = node("/ComponentName", drawsurrogate(object));
switch_hideshape(component, 1);
Attached is a model that shows how you can hide components of a task executer flowitem.

The FlexScript code that hides the components is in the OnEntry trigger of the Queue.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hide_animation_components2.png
Views:	742
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	3259  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm HideAnimationComponents.fsm (18.1 KB, 445 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (05-06-2016), Jing Chen (05-06-2016), Sebastian Hemmann (05-08-2016), Thomas Wyssenbach (05-07-2016)
Old 05-07-2016
Thomas Wyssenbach

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Perfect - thanks, works great. Exactly what I was looking for.

Tags
animation