ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-14-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default State Graph in Model Control GUI

Guys,

This time like to ask for some support.

Enclose you will find a little model which hopefully helps to understand what I am trying to do.

I just like to have the State Pie Chart of an operator in my Model Control GUI.
I manage to put the Graph in and to have the right viewfocus and graphpiedata.
More or less everything seems to work.

The only thing I do not like is that the pie is very small, because of the limited size in the Model Control GUI.
Is there a way to make this looking better?
How can I make the pie larger?
How can I change the view on the graph (move the graph to the left or change the zoom)?
Is there a way to move the description of the states?
Can I move the pie?

I hope I was able to explain the problem. I would really appreciate any help or hint.

I know that there is the brilliant stuff from Cliff in the Flexsim Display Models, but to be honest, it is not easy to figure out how he did it. Maybe there is an easier way just to solve my little problem.

Thanks in advance.
tom the (A)tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip Support_StateGraphInModelControlGUI_TD.zip (162.2 KB, 395 views)
Old 11-15-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom,

I've taken a look at your gui. To make the pie chart larger simply change the spatialsx, spatialsy of the chart. Cliff did it the same way.
If you increase the size the legend simply falls outside the part you see. Using the panel and the bevel attribute you can make it look good.

As far as I know you can't change the zoom, or viewpoints in the graph and not the place of the legend either. Flexsim USA please correct me if I'm wrong here. You can change the state descriptions quite easily (for instance in German) if you change the node names under the stateprofile (object > stats/state/state_profile)

Have you tried copying cliff's graph and remove what you don't need? Give me a skype call if you need assistance.

If you really want something else, you can also make a planar view and create your own graphs, but that is quite complex.

Greetings,

Steven
Old 11-15-2007
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

No zoom or viewpoints in graphs unfortunately. That's why I had to play the little trick Steven explained because I wanted a bigger pie. Then I came up with the little arrow button idea to resize the panel to be able to see the legend off to the right. Eventually I hope to add more functionality to the graphing stuff for our users since more of them are starting to create their own GUIs with dynamic charts and graphs in them.

Actually making your own chart or graph using primitive draw commands in the OnDraw of a Planar view is not that difficult (ya right), and then you will have ultimate flexibility to achieve what you want. Just be sure to share them with the rest of us when you're finished!

You can try stealing some of our code from the GUIs used in the Container CT library to give you some ideas. Another thought for making an interactive bar or Gantt chart is to use a viewfocus on the planar window that points to an embedded node that acts as a container for stripped down objects with only color and spatial attributes. The objects could represent bars that could be positioned, resized, colored, and named by the user.
Old 11-16-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

@Steven
Thanks for your help and hints.
I was trying the spatialsx before, but I did not like the idea, that the graph is bigger than the GUI. But after your reply I solved it this way now and at least it is working. I had it already in a panel and already used the bevel attribute so I just changed the spatialsx.
I had a look into Cliff’s graph and GUI and to be honest on the first look it was looking to complicated for me (keep in mind, that I am not a programmer) and I do not wanted to spend too much time on it and was looking for a quick solution.

@Cliff
Thanks for the information and sharing your GUI code with us. I think it is quite brilliant coding you did there. Respect!
Like said I had a short look into it, but to fully understand it, I need some time and I was searching for a quick solution. I figured out that you dynamically great the object graphs, which is really brilliant, but makes it more difficult to understand for a non-programmer like me .
Hopefully one day I will find the time to go through the code and learn how you did it and make my own stuff .
Yes, I like how you did the object state pie and the size is good. Also the little arrow button is a good idea. But I guess later, when you also automatically resize the persp view and the position of the GUI you spoiled it in a way, because if you now press the arrow button the graph is outside the window.
Anyway, I solved my problem and have now a quick solution.

I am really appreciate your hints and help and like to give you a special ‘Thank you’ because I guess you are the most active replier in the Community Forum.

THANKS AGAIN, GUYS.
Old 11-21-2007
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next Release Graph View Improvements

In the next release I've made some improvements to the graph view that lets you add an OnDraw attribute to the graph, and then use drawtext(), drawline(), and drawrect(), to customize the look of the graph. The experimenter's results viewer has also been changed and will use this new capability, so you can have an example to start from.