ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default conveyor with acceleration

I have created a conveyor with accleration. However, i faced a number of problem.

1. It does not apply to all items.
2. The flowitem that acclerated was hold back for while before it is released.

Anyone has any suggestion?

David
Attached Files
File Type: zip acceleration cv.zip (39.1 KB, 229 views)
Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hi, about question one,

changed the code to this:

if (content(current)>0)
for(int xx = 1; xx <= content(current); xx++)
{
updatekinematics(label(rank(current,xx),"kin_data" ),rank(current,xx));
}

on the custom draw code and it works for all flowitems...

not sure, about question 2, i think it has to do with the conveyor speed and lenght ( the staytime of the flowitems is always the same (lenght/speed) = 20sec) .. if you set speed of the conveyor to about 7.8, it looks like items will exit at convey end, this you have to calculate with the lenght of the conveyor, initial speed and acceleration of the kinematic..

regards

Pablo Concha E.

Last edited by Pablo Concha; 07-31-2009 at 09:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
David Chan (07-31-2009)
Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I may have missed the point here, since I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but attached is a simple example of the basic conveyor using acceleration for anyone who is interested.

The bcsetitemconveystate is called on entry.
A decision point at 1metre is used to receive the next item
Another decision point at the end is used to release the item.

The basic conveyor handles everything else, including the drawing of flowitems and the updating of the flowitem's basic conveyor kinematic data. So no OnDraw code with updatekinematics is necessary.

The idea of adding further kinematics to the flowitem is so that you can make it elevate or rotate in addition to the standard translation along the basic conveyor (as defined by bcsetitemconveystate).

Attached Files
File Type: zip acceleration cv2.zip (74.7 KB, 234 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (08-03-2009)
Old 07-31-2009
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

That is very very cool. I did not know there is such new command for basic conveyor. Thanks Jason!!

David
Old 11-13-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lightfoot View Post
I may have missed the point here, since I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but attached is a simple example of the basic conveyor using acceleration for anyone who is interested.

The bcsetitemconveystate is called on entry.
A decision point at 1metre is used to receive the next item
Another decision point at the end is used to release the item.

The basic conveyor handles everything else, including the drawing of flowitems and the updating of the flowitem's basic conveyor kinematic data. So no OnDraw code with updatekinematics is necessary.

The idea of adding further kinematics to the flowitem is so that you can make it elevate or rotate in addition to the standard translation along the basic conveyor (as defined by bcsetitemconveystate).

Hi, Jason. Could you tell me how to let item stand up? I tried, but failed.
Old 11-14-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stand Upright

Attached is the same example with an additional kinematic to rotate the item into the upright position. The type 2 kinematic node of the item is used when distance on the conveyor should be used to progress the kinematic, and is found using the bcgetitemkinematics function. If you want to base the kinematic on time, you should use type1.

I've used type 2 in the example which is found in the EntryTrigger of the BasicConveyor (green) in the model. I've rotated the item through -90 in the Y-axis, at a speed of 90 degrees per metre (or 'distance unit'). I start the kinematic at 1.5 metres down the conveyor.

The code looks like this:
Code:

treenode kin2 = bcgetitemkinematics(current, item, 2);
initkinematics(kin2, 0,0,0, 0,0,0, 0,0);
addkinematic(kin2, 0,-90,0,90,0,0,0,0, 1.5, KINEMATIC_ROTATE
If you are using type 1, anything that uses a distance as a reference (startpoint, speed, acceleration) would instead reference time.

NOTE: You should not add or alter kinematics on the node returned for type 0 which holds main convey state kinematics.
Attached Files
File Type: zip acceleration cv3.zip (74.1 KB, 216 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (11-14-2009)
Old 11-14-2009
Flexsim Consultant

This version rotates through the x-axis for different hight objects and lowers them onto the conveyor at the same time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip acceleration cv5.zip (75.8 KB, 217 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (11-14-2009)
Old 11-14-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I see the model, and I set the rotate to 90( this is what I want).
This time, the item will bury half of itself in the conveyor.

I set the centroid of items(Textured Colored Box) to 0 in the tree, still not good. Any idea?
Attached Files
File Type: zip acceleration cv3.zip (71.1 KB, 185 views)
Old 11-17-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

If you set the z offest of the conveyor to +0.1 then the boxes look ok when they are rotated but are flaoting above the conveyor beforehand.

I guess what you need to to is alter the z position of the boxes when you rotate them in order to maintain contact with the conveyor.

Anth

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM
ASRS Lift Acceleration Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 2 01-30-2009 02:59 PM
Conveyor with Acceleration/ Deceleration Paul Dowling Q&A 0 10-29-2008 11:55 PM
Standard Operator speed/ acceleration/ decelleration Paul Dowling Q&A 0 06-18-2008 09:24 PM