ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-27-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Charmaine Ng is on a distinguished road
Default help! order picking process with global tables

hi! i'm currently facing problems with global tables. what im trying to do is after the goods come into the warehouse, processed and stored into the destined racks. when a order comes, it will be picked out by the transporter and sent to another station.

i have my goods itemtyped, my processed defined and connected to my racks but i cant seems to figure out how to do the order picking process with a global table. would appreciate any help on that! thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

I would like to refer you to this thread which contains a sample model that will help give you some useful ideas for warehouse picking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
Brandon Peterson (10-01-2009)
Old 10-27-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Charmaine Ng is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff King View Post
I would like to refer you to this thread which contains a sample model that will help give you some useful ideas for warehouse picking.
hi cliff thanks for the refer! i was referring to this model prior to posting this thread but it seems i lack understanding of the global table and how it works.

i noticed some differences. in the referred model, individual identified sku were picked out by a defined rack level and bay whereas in my model there is only itemtypes listed *such as itemtype 1 for A product* and there's no defined rack level nor bay since rack1 will only have product A occupying it.

now, is there anything i can do about this?
Old 11-06-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Sorry for the delay, I've been away on business.

If product type A is only in rack A, then it seems like an easy solution to simply route the picker to rack A and let them pick a product from the first available cell.

I'm probably not understanding totally what you'd like to do. You may want to send your model directly to the Flexsim technical support department and let them help you directly.