ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Landon Mills is on a distinguished road
Default Two basic questions: Travel times and Processor assignments.

Let me just preface this with thanking people for their time.

I'm trying to accomplish two things here, and I'm starting to get frustrated with the user manual, seeing the manual is only good if you have an idea of what exactly you're looking for in the first place.

The first thing I'm trying to do is to have the each object have it's own travel time between creation and a queue (representing the walking distance and different walking speeds between a door and the queue)

The second setup I'm trying to do is to have a system with 3 items, 1 queue and 2 processors. The desired output is to have item 1 go to processor 1, item 2 go to processor 2 and item 3 to be split 50/50 between the two processors.

As far as the travel time, I'm guessing this is something to do with a global table, yet all my attempts have resulted in Clock Overflow.

Are either of these possible without having to do C++ coding? We're doing this for a simulation class that has us looking at multiple simulation packages, however the professor is new to Flexsim as well. Any help to either methods, tutorials or just what I should look up in the help files would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can use a processor with a large maximum content to represent the travel time between the door and the queue.

You can use the Send To Port pick option Case by Value along with the bernoulli() function to model your flow logic.

No coding required other than typing the bernoulli() Flexscript command.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 11-19-2014 at 06:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Anthony Timmiss (11-01-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Network Question Courtney Allensworth Q&A 11 02-21-2011 05:26 PM
Custom Block Assignments Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 3 02-18-2010 08:58 AM
Basic Use of the Experimenter Gavin Douglas Q&A 8 09-08-2009 04:17 PM
Basic Conveyor tobias.biemueller Q&A 16 05-23-2008 08:12 AM
Offset Travel AlanZhang Q&A 16 04-18-2008 10:25 AM