ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do however think that this functionality should be included by default.
It is a feature of the software that currently exists as standard and has now been removed.
I'll put something together this weekend and send it to Phil and Anthony for consideration. I'm sure they have plans for this in the next release, but we probably need the basics in place, which I might be able to anticipate and implement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
mgiubilato (03-05-2012)
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

This one is minor in terms of things that were lost in the new version but it would be nice to have it fixed.

The previous versions used the old Flexsim logo as a nice Windows icon for the model files. V6 has a white rectangle with a tiny, faint version of the new Flexsim logo.
Can the Windows model icon be a large version of new Flexsim logo without the white background?
The Following User Says Thank You to Danny Pavan For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough

Hi Phil,

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to add a functionality which can repeat randomness after simulation run not before.

2. Is it possible to add a functionality on "disconnect dll" and let this button disconnects OnDraw trigger also. You may also add a hotkey for dll disconnection in order to save some time for dll debugging.

Thanks,
Hao
Old 03-05-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Zhou View Post
1. Is it possible to add a functionality which can repeat randomness after simulation run not before.
Not right now.

Quote:
2. Is it possible to add a functionality on "disconnect dll" and let this button disconnects OnDraw trigger also. You may also add a hotkey for dll disconnection in order to save some time for dll debugging.
Add a Custom Button to your User Toolbar to do what you want. The commands you want to use are mainmenucommand("View|Disconnect DLLs"); and suspenddraw()
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Hao Zhou (03-05-2012)
Old 03-08-2012
FlexSim Distributor

Flavio Brito is on a distinguished road
Default Model Units

Hi Phill,

I converted an model from 5 version and a bug was encontred to convert model units of fields Acceleration and Deceleration. But after I to be closed and reopen FlexSim it worked well, I don't know why!!

Flavio Brito.

Last edited by Flavio Brito; 03-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-08-2012
FlexSim Distributor

Default Lift Speed

Only a small detail. If the model units is defined as meters and minutes, all variables of TE are changed automatically (speed, acceleration, deceleration, etc.), but the Lift Speed of Transporter is kept 1 meter per minute.Probably this speed isn't compatible with real life!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flavio Brito For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (03-08-2012)
Old 03-09-2012
Flexcon, Flexsim Distributor, Italy

Downloads: 24
mgiubilato will become famous soon enough
Default Object' s 3D Shape Reset Shape Factors

When you reset 3D shape factors this following message appears on compiler console :
Warning VIEW:/active/ProcessorParameters298640160/tabcontrol/General/Appearance/Reset>OnPress line 2 Invalid type for parameter 1 in call to not(). Expecting type num/node. Type is none.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgiubilato For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012
Flexsim Development

Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The Flexsim Version 6 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available for download.

Unless something critical comes up, we are going to release this version as the final version next week.

Please send any new bug reports or feature requests to our development list by emailing dev at flexsim . com (without the spaces).

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 03-16-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2012
FlexSim Distributor

Default Full Report

Hi Phil,

In a simple model only with one source, one queue, one processor and one sink, on Full Report generation from Reports and Statistics, the follow message was showed in Compiler Console:

"Warning VIEW:/active/ReportsAndStats157549392/tabs/Full Report/Generate Report>OnPress line 27 Invalid type for assignment operation on res. Expecting type num. Type is none."

Flavio Brito
Old 03-12-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Daniele Sasia is on a distinguished road
Default Experimenter Breakpoint Problem

I inserted a Breakpoint in the Experimenter EndOfReplication trigger and I realize that, when it is executed by the Parent process, the debugger starts and it is possible to debug the code. But when the experiment ends some replications remain stuck and it is not possible to run again the experimenter, unless you close and reopen Flexsim (moreover the processes related to the blocked replications remain inactive in the Task List and do not disappear even if you close Flexsim).
Old 03-13-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default Experimenter

For me the experimenter doesn't seem to do anything. No multiple scenarios or replications are run. The display message at the start of a replication doesn't show, etc.

Esther
Old 03-13-2012
FlexSim Distributor

Default Virtual Distance doesn't work on resume of TimeTables

Hi,

On attached model there a simple model which the operator is up to transport flowitens from Queue2 to Queue3 by NN with a Virtual distance of 10000, the velocity of operator is 120 as default.

By TimeTables, the operator work at first 15 minutes, go into a down time, and resume 15 minutes after.

On resume, operator ignore the virtual distance!! The same problem was found on last version!!

Best Regards.

Flavio Brito
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Test NN and TimeTables.fsm (39.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 03-13-2012
FlexSim Distributor

Default Error on check/uncheck Hide Green Stats Collection Indicators box

The follow error in Compiler Console on check/uncheck Hide Green Stats Collection Indicators box into Model Settings :

Warning VIEW:/nodefunctions/menucommands/Statistics/hidegreenindicatorboxes line 12 Invalid type for assignment operation on hide. Expecting type num. Type is none.

Flavio Brito.
Old 03-13-2012
Flexsim Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther Bennett View Post
For me the experimenter doesn't seem to do anything. No multiple scenarios or replications are run. The display message at the start of a replication doesn't show, etc.
This might be related to the bug Daniele Sasia mentioned earlier. Try closing and reopening Flexsim. Open the model, disable all breakpoints, and run again.

If that doesn't work, please send me the model at the address above.
Old 03-16-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough

I cannot change precision of the model. I tried to change the node number in environment --> setting --> precision from 2 to 4. It did nothing. When I saved and reopen, it changes back to 2 again.
Old 03-16-2012
Flexsim Development

Quote:
I cannot change precision of the model. I tried to change the node number in environment --> setting --> precision from 2 to 4. It did nothing. When I saved and reopen, it changes back to 2 again.
You can't just change the value in the tree. Other commands are used to tell the engine the new precision value. Use the GUIs:
Edit > Set Number Precision
or
File > Model Settings
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Hao Zhou (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012
Flexsim Development

The Flexsim Version 6 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) is available for download. (Something critical came up, so we made another RC release.)

If things go well with this version, we are going to release this version as the final version next week.

Please send any new bug reports or feature requests to our development list by emailing dev at flexsim . com (without the spaces).
Old 03-18-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Jose Navarro is on a distinguished road
Default Some bugs found

I have detected some bugs:

- In picklists
-onresourceavaillable->Travel to a Home: error in code
- timepicklist: By Expression is missed
- timeitempicklist: By Expression is missed

- in rack object library
there is a bug that when edit a rack it is not generated a correct distribution of bays sizes (and even it changes a correct one): allways assingn 0 to one extreme bay

- In File menu there is no option to save/load project or View, as in version 5
Old 03-18-2012
Flexsim User

Default One more bug

If a crane is rotated in z axis, when the model is reset before run, the crane zrotation changes to 0
Old 03-18-2012
Flexsim User

Default Re: one more bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Navarro View Post
If a crane is rotated in z axis, when the model is reset before run, the crane zrotation changes to 0
The crane was connected to a network node, so when the model is reset the crane is oriented to the path direction (as a transporter does). I have delete the connection and it works fine

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM
Version 4.5 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 19 12-26-2008 04:53 PM