ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 03-29-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexsim 5 Beta

Flexsim 5 Beta is available. If you would like to check out the new features and help us test it, you can get it from the User Login. There you'll see a list of new features for the release.

We're in the final phases of the beta test. We're calling this Flexsim Beta 3 (we've released 2 previous versions to our distributors). We plan on a final release date of April 15 at the latest, so if you want to help with testing, please do it sooner rather than later, because we'll be pushing this out less than 3 weeks after this post.

Some quick notes on the release:
  • Flexsim 5 installs to a new directory, so you can have both Flexsim 4 and Flexsim 5 installed simultaneously.
  • In Flexsim 5 the flexscript parser is much more strict on the number of parameters you pass into commands as well as the type of the parameters. So in updating your v4 models, be prepared to get a lot of warnings (this is a feature ). However, if you find an instance where you are sure you're passing the correct parameters, but the documentation/check is wrong, please contact support with the issue.
  • If you find a problem you'd like to report, please email support with the issue. Make sure to add a blurb that you're using Flexsim 5 Beta.
  • Distributors who have a previous version of the beta, you'll need to uninstall/reinstall.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Schreiber (04-12-2010)
Old 03-29-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough

Can the full version of Flexsim 5 usable in an offline computer???
the license activation cannot complete in an offline computer
Old 03-30-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

when open 4.52 model ,the user commander disappear.
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Default Where?

I give, where do we go to download the Beta?
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the user login on the Flexsim home page - also at the top of this page

http://www.flexsim.com/users/
Old 03-30-2010

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINWEIXU View Post
when open 4.52 model ,the user commander disappear.
In version 5, all code editing has been moved to the all-in-one code editor. To get to this from the user commands dialog, press the "A" button in the right portion of the pick list widget.
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Licensing the software does require an internet connection.

The new licensing system allows you to "check out" your licenses from our licensing system. At that point, the licenses reside on your computer - an internet connection is no longer required. You can use Flexsim all you want without any contact with the license server. Eventually, you may upgrade your computer, or you may want to use Flexsim on a different computer. To do so, You "check in" your license, back to the license server (internet connection required), and check it out again from the computer you want to license. Its similar to pulling your HASP key out of one computer and inserting it into another, only there is no physical key. This is the simplest licensing scenario.

So, to sum up, Flexsim only contacts the licensing server when checking out/checking in your licenses, so after licensing, you will no longer need to stay connected to the internet. Only when you want to return those licenses to the license server will you need an internet connection again.

Thanks to all those who are downloading and trying the beta. If you have any feedback on the web-license update process, or on Flexsim 5, please let us know.
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinHo View Post
Can the full version of Flexsim 5 usable in an offline computer???
the license activation cannot complete in an offline computer
What Ben described is the simplest way to do it, although it is possible to manually activate and return licenses without an internet connection on the computer to be licensed. I'm putting together some instructions on how to do it and I will send them to you KelvinHo. Then we can test it together to make sure it works for you and then I'll post the instructions generally for all to see.

It is much easier to do it with an internet connection for activating/returning, but it is possible to do it without. Instructions coming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Jorge Toucet (04-07-2010)
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough

Thanks Phil BoBo.
I have sent an-email to you to discuss about it.

Anyway I found that the 3D view of Flexsim 5 run much smoothier than in Flexsim 4
Old 03-31-2010
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough

Looking really good guys, well done. It seems that I can even use my ATI-based laptop, which is great!

One question about the licence check-out & in. You obviously need to check the licence in before you can use it elsewhere but what happens if you get a major computer crash and cannot get back to check the licence back in? Is there a procedure to follow?

Thanks, Kenny
Old 03-31-2010
Flexsim Development

Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Kenny,

If your computer crashes or you format your hard drive or install another operating system or any other hardware issue that causes your license to disappear, you can contact our support team and explain the issue.

From there, we can then deactivate your old license in our database and create a new license to replace it, sending you a new activation id. Deactivating the old license in our database prevents any future interaction between our license server and that old license in case it didn't really get destroyed or somehow it manages to get salvaged.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Kenny Macleod (04-01-2010)
Old 03-31-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
CSaunders is on a distinguished road
Default Beta freezes on open

I installed on my macbook pro Windows 7 64-bit and it works perfectly. I also installed it on another computer that has Windows 7 64-bit and a better processor, graphics card, etc. When it opens, flexsim freezes. If i click anywhere within it, I get this windows message, "Flexsim Engine has stopped working" and then it shuts down. I have Flexsim 3.5, 4.32, and 4.5 installed currently and they all work perfectly with my hasp key. Any ideas as to why it would be freezing with version 5? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-01-2010
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

CSaunders, there are a few simple things you can try:

1) make sure you've installed all the latest Windows Updates
2) install the latest drivers for your graphics card. Sometimes ATI and nvidia have more recent drivers on their websites than card vendors, so be sure to check there.
3) run Flexsim 5 beta as administrator (right click the program link/icon and choose "Run as Administrator"

If any of the above solutions fix your problem, please respond back in case someone has a similar issue. If none of the above does anything to change the situation, open a support case (http://www.flexsim.com/services/support) and provide the following hardware configuration info for the computer with the issue:

processor (eg. Intel Core 2 Duo 7400)
amount of memory (eg. 4GB)
graphics card (eg. xfx Geforce 6600GT)
graphics card driver version
plus any other information that you can think of that could be helpful in troubleshooting the issue
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (04-01-2010)
Old 04-01-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

About network license server.

Does flexnet lmadmin support vista buainess chinese version?

I can use it on windows 2003, but cannot on vista business version. it seems have something to do with ipv6.

On vista, I have activated license, but flexsim cannot connet to license server.(I run flexsim on the same vista pc).

any idea?
thanks

Last edited by zhang xin; 04-02-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-02-2010
Flexsim Development

The license server programs (lmtools or lmgrd/lmtools) are created and maintained by Flexera Software. You can download the latest versions for your system from:
http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_ut...s_download.htm
Old 04-05-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
In version 5, all code editing has been moved to the all-in-one code editor. To get to this from the user commands dialog, press the "A" button in the right portion of the pick list widget.
no no, you do not uderstand me ,user commands i write in 4.52 ,when i open in 5.0.the user commands disappear . you can open some old model that contain some "user commands ".you will find this question.
in 4.52 user commands store in GlobalVarGen, but in 5.0 user commands directly under the tools
Old 04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINWEIXU View Post
no no, you do not uderstand me ,user commands i write in 4.52 ,when i open in 5.0.the user commands disappear . you can open some old model that contain some "user commands ".you will find this question.
in 4.52 user commands store in GlobalVarGen, but in 5.0 user commands directly under the tools
Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. I've tested this by creating and saving a 4.5 model with user commands, then opening that model in version 5. It works fine. If you saved your model with the user commands window open, you'll need to close it and open it again, but other than that, it should work fine.
Old 04-05-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. I've tested this by creating and saving a 4.5 model with user commands, then opening that model in version 5. It works fine. If you saved your model with the user commands window open, you'll need to close it and open it again, but other than that, it should work fine.
Anthony,i am sorry,i open a 4.5 model with user commands,the user commands disappeared. please see attach picture. mybe sometimes disappeared,sometimes not .i do not know.

the system console print this message,mybe there is something wrong in my model,thank you
"exception: Exception Caught in ObjectFunction002__project_exec_globals_nodefuncti ons_updatemodelversion object: MAIN:/project/exec/globals/nodefunctions/updatemodelversion class: MAIN:/project/exec/globals/nodefunctions/updatemodelversion
exception: Exception caught in flexscript execution of MAIN:/project/exec/globals/nodefunctions/openmodelcode line 150 instruction 390. Discontinuing executio"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	no usercomander2.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	944   Click image for larger version
Name:	no usercomander3.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	946  
Old 04-06-2010

OK, yeah, this is an issue we found with the model update mechanism throwing exceptions. We've fixed this. We plan on posting a new "release candidate" within the next day or two, so if you can test that once it's out, that would be great.
Old 04-07-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Default Recent Files List?

Any chance you will add a recent files list under File like most other software?
The Following User Says Thank You to JMEngelhart For This Useful Post:
Bill Nordgren (04-07-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Version 4.5 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 19 12-26-2008 04:53 PM
Compiler error in FS 4.5 BETA Nico Zahn Installation 2 10-31-2008 02:46 AM
problem on Flexsim4.3 beta and vs 2008 express. qin tian Q&A 2 01-11-2008 09:16 PM