ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-16-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default I want to know how to make the object of wrl file to have the picture like injectionmoulding3.wrl

I want to know how to make the object of wrl file to have the picture like the attached injectionmoulding3.wrl.

I found the file in this forum download pages.
I want to make the 3D object file of 3ds and wrl to have the front picture.

I imported the wrl file to AC3D but it displays only the box frame not front picture.

I want to know how to add the picture in the 3D file using AC3D.
Is it impossible in AC3D? If so, which software should I use to make it?

I took a picture of a machine in the customer plant.

I want to know to do it in detail.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrl file with picture.jpg (11.5 KB, 101 views)
Old 07-18-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

What you are looking for is called a texture. AC3D can create shapes with textures.

In AC3D you have a menu called Object>Texture to load and set a texture to an object. With a simple object and a simple texture your are done.

If it should look more special you should take a look at the Texture Coordinate Editor (press F10 in AC3D).

In the manual of AC3D is a chapter called Texturing but it's only a little help. For more question please visit http://www.inivis.com/forum/

Greetings,

Carsten
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
syseo (07-18-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make transporters waiting infront of queue object? Lucysingsing Q&A 1 05-27-2013 01:16 AM
Object to make Perspective View follow objects Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 1 11-10-2011 05:59 PM
and disapHow to make a object appear pear by code Hao Zhou Q&A 2 05-03-2011 07:05 AM
how to make a object in a userlibrary tree to display in the library grid? zhang xin Q&A 1 11-26-2009 06:29 AM
error:Unable to open storage set. make sure the file exists. qin tian Q&A 3 11-17-2008 01:05 PM