ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-19-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough
Default Taking over task from another TE

Hi all!

I am working on a model, where a bunch of areas exist, each with two floor storage racks - Rack A and Rack B. The areas are spaced out, so there is a considerable travel time involved. Whenever a Task Executor (TE) drops off a flow item at a Rack A, it must also check for an item to pick up at the corresponding Rack B. This is pretty easily done.

The problem is, that Rack B may already have dispatched a Task Sequence (TS) to another TE to come and pick up the flow item.

Are there any suggestions as to how I can check if a TS has already been created, and if so, identify the TE / Dispatcher who has the TS?

The only possibility that comes to mind is rather clumsy. I could create an OnUnload trigger to check for the Flow Item at Rack B and then cycle through all Dispatchers and all TEs and check the TS queue of each for a TS involving the Flow Item in question.

If I then find out that another TE has already been called, is there an easy way to take over the task from the other TE?

There is probably some simple solution that I am missing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Christian,

if you set a Dispatcher between the Rack and the Taskexecuters, every Taskexecuter receives only 1 Tasksequence until he loads an Item. After that he checks, if he has free transport capacity left. If he does, then he receives another Tasksequence from the Dispatcher.
All not processing Tasksequences are stored in the Dispatcher.
With "movetasksequence(...) you can transfer a not active tasksequence to another Taskexecuter, which is also a Dispatcher on its own.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (02-25-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Fluid elements to the next level brett forbes Q&A 1 07-18-2012 06:28 PM
How to interrupt active task and implement another task? Ilivid zheng Q&A 2 01-15-2011 02:30 AM