ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Liang Wen Yin is on a distinguished road
Default Send To Port

Hai,

I'm trying to solve the coding problem in my model. In my model, I have set the sequence for the items so that it will send out based on the sequence. Hence, in send to port tab for the source queue, I tried to write the coding but it seems like not work. Please assist me on writting the code.

If the sequence is >= number in GlobalTable (row 1 and column 1), the item will hold in the source queue.

If the sequence is <= number in GlobalTable (row 1 and column 1), the item will send out to processor queue.

Thanks.

Cheer,
Yin

Last edited by Liang Wen Yin; 08-10-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-10-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 74
Jay Chou is on a distinguished road

Hi Liang Wen Yin :
for source it will never create a newitem before the pre-item leave。
Old 08-11-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Liang Wen Yin is on a distinguished road

Hai, Jay Chow.

In my model:

1. I have set the ranking of the items for three different itemtypes. For example, itemtype1 has the ranking from 1-20, itemtype2 has the ranking from 1-25 and itemtype3 also have its own ranking from 1-35. The lowest ranking is meant the ranking no.1 but not the longest waiting.
2. The purpose of the processor queue was used to store the items. Hence, the operator will carry the items from source queue to the processor queue and then send it to the processor.
3. I also have set the down time of the processor. So when the processor was down, the items that placed in the processor queue will send back to the source queue.
4. Every time a processor finishes processing one item and is available to process another item, the processor should choose the item in its own queue with the lowest rank.

The ideal model which I want to create are:
1. The items will send to the processor queue based on the ranking ( start from no 1) and the processor also will process the items with the lowest ranking first ( start from rank no.1).
2. The items with large ranking must hold in the source queue first and wait the items with low ranking send out. Example, if items with ranking no5 arrive at the source queue first, it should wait the items with ranking no4 arrive just can send out (either can send out together with ranking no 4 or after ranking no4, it is depend on the vacancy of the processor queue)

I have attached my model for your convenience. I think the code that I have write out may be still not complete, because it cannot run well in my model. Hope you can take a look. Thank you.

Best Regards;
Yin
Attached Files
File Type: fsm My Model.fsm (138.4 KB, 107 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Send back the items ellonyap Q&A 0 08-09-2012 07:01 PM
How to send transporter to queue Shahin Gelareh Q&A 1 04-25-2012 02:10 AM
How to force the evaluation of the "send To Port" MoserGaudenz Q&A 1 06-23-2011 07:19 AM
Problem with Send to Output Port Joe Allen Q&A 3 05-14-2009 02:38 PM
problem about "send to port " Vic Li Q&A 2 10-04-2008 12:42 AM