ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Sales and Services > Marketing and Sales Information
Downloads

Marketing and Sales Information Free trial version, screen shots, videos and more!

Old 09-30-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Lolke Koopmans is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Update Flexsim.com

I just noticed the update of the Flexsim website. Looks good!
Very nice intro movie.
Old 09-30-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Yasemin Vatandas is on a distinguished road

I think the new design looks nice, too.
But I am having trouble downloading 3d shapes from downloads section of the forum.
I see a warning when I want to download a file: "404 Error: Sorry, file not found"
Is it something related to the update of the site or am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-30-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

It looks like it problem with the download section.

I get the same error 404 when trying download a shape.

When trying downlad a model I get this error:

Code:
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 686
Warning: copy(downloads/28118-Flexsim Concept Models.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 692
ERROR: File not found - downloads/Flexsim Concept Models.zip .                                                                                                           Flexsim Concept Models.zip                 downloads/Flexsim Concept Models.zip                 Array
It looks like Flexsim needs to check the download section.

Lars-Olof

Last edited by Markus Cueva; 12-09-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Fixed broken links
Old 09-30-2008
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light
Default download problems in newsite

Yes, this is a problem with the website update. Hopefully we'll be able to restore the files in the download area later today.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
Yasemin Vatandas (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008

Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light
Default vbulletin upgrade

In conjunction with the web site update we're also working on upgrading to the latest version of vbulletin. We want to do this right (ie not break the forum any further than it already is with the downloads problem) and with as little downtime as possible.

In the next day or two you may find the forum inoperable for a while. We'll try to minimize the downtime, though, and get things back up and running as soon as possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
Lars-Olof Leven (09-30-2008)
Old 10-01-2008

Default vbulletin upgrade

Our vbulletin upgrade is mostly complete. There shouldn't be any further downtime to the forum in general.

The downloads section is another matter. In conjunction with the upgrade, many of the uploaded files were lost. Unfortunately, it turns out that our backup was corrupted and did us no good.

I've contacted the contributors to see about collecting the community downloads files and re-uploading them. Hopefully most contributors will still have their original copies of their files. A few people have already sent me their files - thank you!

If any of you users out there downloaded copies of any of the downloads files and you still have them in their original state (no modifications), please contact me (benw -at- flexsim -dot- com) and we'll see about restoring those particular files.

Sorry to all of you users who are affected by this down time. We really thought we were covered, but then Murphy's Law tells us that what can go wrong will go wrong.
Old 10-07-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Well done, Ben! A very nice site!!

Has the download problem solved?

David
Old 10-08-2008

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Ben,

If I press the world on the properties gui of an object within Flexsim, I end up at a dead link.

Steven
Old 10-14-2008

Default downloads section files still needed

Thanks, Steven.

I've got the link redirecting back to the 3D shapes in the downloads section of the community, which unfortunately is still offline.

We've gathered a lot of the files back and we're in the process now of taking inventory of it all and re-uploading.

We will probably come up short on finding all of the files in the downloads section. If any of you in the community have downloaded any files from the community downloads section, please contact me (benw -at- flexsim -dot- com) to see if it is a file that we still need.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2008

The files that we most need are textures and 3D shapes.
Old 10-15-2008

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Ben,

I have the following models downloaded. If you need anything from these models let me know:
X_Airport Security
X_ASRS
X_Bottling Line
X_Box Packaging line
X_Bulk Powder Processing
X_DVD Assembly
X_Hot ROlling Mill
X_Robotic Palletizing Cell
X_Supermarket

But I think these are the most common so you probably have everything from it yet. If not let me know!

Steven
Old 10-15-2008

Thanks Steven - I do have those model files.

What I still need are the following textures:
brick.jpg
water2.jpg
water1.jpg
wood.jpg
cloud.jpg
space.jpg
skyoceansunset.jpg
skygreenvalley.jpg
skyearth.jpg
skyblue.jpg

And the following shapes:

skybox.wrl
Unscrambler (1)
Stretch Wrapper
Strapper Machine
Lens Machine
Punch Press
Packing Station
Unscrambler (2)
Labeler
Injection Molding Machine
Grinder (3)
Bottle Filling Machine (2)
Bottle Filling Machine (1)
Blow Molding Machine (5)
Blow Molding Machine (4)
Blow Molding Machine (3)
Blow Molding Machine (2)
Setting Stand
Mill Machine (2)
Mill Machine (1)
Lathe (3)
Lathe (2)
Lathe (1)
Injection Molding Machine (2)
Injection Molding Machine (1)
Grinder (2)
Grinder (1)
Drill Press
Cleaning Station
Blow Molding Machine (1)
Airport Security Scanner

If anyone happens to have any of these files, please email them to me (benw -at- flexsim -dot- com). I'm hoping to be able to find a lot of the 3D shapes today - I'll post later on this afternoon if I was able to find any.

With any luck the downloads section can be back online tonight or tomorrow.

All this just goes to show you that double backups aren't enough - everyone, save your data in triplicate!
Old 10-17-2008

Default Downloads section re-launched

I've just re-launched the downloads section. Most of the files that were there 3 weeks ago are still there.

Some are still missing and I'll keep trying to find those and add additional files.

Happy Simulating!

Ben

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can I use an edit box entry to update multiple labels? KelvinHo Q&A 10 03-28-2008 07:17 AM