ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Sales and Services > Marketing and Sales Information
Downloads

Marketing and Sales Information Free trial version, screen shots, videos and more!

Old 07-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Varsha Venugopal is on a distinguished road
Default Setup priority problem

Hello forum,

I'm working on a one man 4 machine problem. The operator is responsible for loading / unloading parts and doing setups.

Problem - When the operator is called for a setup, the other 3 machines remain idle. Please take a look at the model.
However in reality, there is more priority for loading and unloading parts to keep the machines from being starved. And the operator always breaks from setup activity when he is called to load and unload parts. Once done with load and unload parts on other machines, he resumes setup activities again. I have not been able to show this in the model.

Can someone please help me fix the model?

You help is much appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Setup_Priority_Problem.fsm (40.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Varsha Venugopal; 07-25-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: I had an update in the model
The Following User Says Thank You to Varsha Venugopal For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (03-10-2015)
Old 07-26-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Varsha,

following parameter and connections are looking good.
Output Queues: Priority 10, Preempt only
Output Processors: Priority 11, Preempt only // > Products to transport to sink have a higher priority than products to enter the Processors.
Centerport-Connections are direct to the Operator.
  • Setup-function
Pick Operator from Centerport 2: centerobject(current,2)
This Connection ends at a Dispatcher. The Dispatcher is connected to the Operator with an object-flow-connection "a"-Type.
The result is the operator gets only one Setup-task and preempt this single task for all incoming direct Transport-Tasks

Jörg
SetupPriorityProblem_JV.fsm

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:43 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Varsha Venugopal (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Varsha Venugopal is on a distinguished road

That solution works perfectly! Thanks JV from me and the team.. saved us a whole bunch of extra work.

FlexSim rocks

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preempt, Priority or Port Control Lorenzo Gutierrez Q&A 1 04-10-2013 10:08 AM
Task Priority john mic Q&A 1 11-17-2010 03:56 AM
one question about tasksequence priority? LINWEIXU Q&A 6 08-07-2009 09:15 PM
No Setup Nico Zahn Q&A 2 08-25-2008 12:38 AM
I have a problem about " priority" Vic Li Q&A 0 03-20-2008 06:31 AM