ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Jorgedmm is on a distinguished road
Wink Multiprocessor's time process with statistical distribution

Hello Community,

I am really a newbie on Flexsim's issues, and I want you guys to help me out with a trouble. The point is that I need to make a model which contains a Multiprocessor (not sure if it actually works with it) that does some operations or processes, but these processes are defined by stadistical distributions AND they depends on which flowitemtype is processing. I mean, if the itemtype is 1, it just has to do "x" operation, but if it is 2, it has to do just "y & z".

Therefore, I tried to set it with "Values by Case" but this (multiprocessor's time process) does not allow me statistical distributions.

I really apreaciate all your help, Thanks in advance.

I have a Flexsim's Version 6 installed. Sorry for any english's mistakes. I could provided the model if it is necessary.
Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

I think this is the model you are looking for
Attached Files
File Type: zip model.zip (61.1 KB, 91 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
Jorgedmm (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Just have a look into this Threads, we discussed some days ago:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2678
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2679
Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

I really apreaciate all your support and your attention. What you said helped me to get at least a little what I claim to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar bolisetti View Post
I think this is the model you are looking for
Thanks for your model helped me a lot because Flexsim did not allow me to set statistical distribution on the label of the process time when I set "Values by Cases".

How can I set as yours?

Mine:

Yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Hemmann View Post
I just read all those posts and those helped me as well. Thank you so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jorgedmm For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgedmm View Post

How can I set as yours?
In every edit field you see only a number, you can set a function,too.

Instead of "1" you can set e.g. "exponential(0,25,1)".

You can copy the syntax of a function from any field, where you can choose from a list. Or you look at the manual in the command section.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Jorgedmm (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hello,

In every edit field you see only a number, you can set a function,too.

Instead of "1" you can set e.g. "exponential(0,25,1)".

You can copy the syntax of a function from any field, where you can choose from a list. Or you look at the manual in the command section.

Jörg
I remember I had tried to set a distribution into that field and an error message appeared below the model, but I did as you explain me right now and it worked without problems.

Thanks a lot for your help. Although it seems to be kind of uncomfortable, I could deal with it.

Thanks again for all your help.
Old 11-23-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Flexsim 7 is a great step to build source code logic on your own. The referencing of objects is the problem so far. But Flexsim 7 has got the Sampler. You click on the Sampler icon in your function window, the mouse pointer changes, you move the pointer to the object you want to refer to, click the mouse button, you choose a shown reference and it will be placed in your source code. If you still want to know, what the suggested functions stand for. You look in the command later, when your model run.
Much later and with more own experience you can still change the chosen reference to a better one.
Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Jorgedmm (12-05-2013)
Old 11-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I like to share an idea to the thread.

In my eyes it is a little bit uncomfortable if the data for the exponential distribution are directly in the code if you have more than one processor / multi processor who uses these distributions.

I would define a global table (name: CycleTimes) with the distribution in it, e.g. Cell 1,1 =exponential(0,10,1).

The advantage of the global table would be that there is only one place for the distributions. To modify the distribution only the global table need to be changed.

To refer to the code cell and execute the distribution use the following command:
executestring(gettablestr("CycleTimes",1,1))

You can test that it works if you use a Script Window and execute the code there after defining the global table.

Depending on how flexible this idea should be labels, global variables or other mechanismcould be used to define the row and column in the code.

I hope I explained the idea good enough to understand and I hope it might be useful.
Old 11-25-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

another solution would be to have a user command. Then you can call this command everywhere and even pass in a parameter to define what has to be returned
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Tom David (11-25-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set the process of two itemtypes by the MultiProcessor Vic Li Q&A 12 07-21-2015 11:34 AM
Multiprocessor / read of self-defined process Marco Bergmann Q&A 1 11-13-2013 12:59 PM
Is there a way to delete a process on multiprocessor ? mearjun Q&A 2 11-15-2012 12:37 AM
How to set the process time ...? Steffen Hainke Q&A 3 08-24-2011 03:35 AM
statistical distribution operator bsantens Q&A 4 04-02-2009 09:37 AM