ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-16-2015
HENYI JEN

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default The equivalent of Recorder after version 7

I read a book mentioning about taking "Weight averages by time" of user-defined data (from a GlobalTable cell, as a node item) using Recorder. However, since after version 7, the Recorder object is removed, then how do I get this similar feature for version 7.5? Your help is appreciated.
Old 07-17-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

Recorder object is removed from the library menu since from version 7 as it is easy to display statistics in the dashboard. You can plot the user-defined data through other means by using a dynamic text,custom chart,HTML statistic in the dashboard that are based simply on the events.You have to write a code or a variable that is linked to a object or node to define what data should display in the chart.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
HENYI JEN (07-19-2015)
Old 07-19-2015
HENYI JEN

Downloads: 7

Thank you for quick reply. To be more specific in my raised issue, I want the Flexsim to automatically calculate the min/avg/max of certain cell of a GlobalTable, which is a built-in function of Recorder. In the end of simulation run, the time-average of that certain cell will be collected for other purposes. Now my temp solution to this is to use Recorder downloaded from accompanied book website, as a user library in my Flexsim 7.5.0 to get this function, but if there is any other equivalent after version 7 that can fulfill my needs? I know writing my own code can solve it, but this customization won't serve well. Your help is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar bolisetti View Post
Hello,

Recorder object is removed from the library menu since from version 7 as it is easy to display statistics in the dashboard. You can plot the user-defined data through other means by using a dynamic text,custom chart,HTML statistic in the dashboard that are based simply on the events.You have to write a code or a variable that is linked to a object or node to define what data should display in the chart.
Old 07-20-2015
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

In this thread (https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ad.php?t=2690), I posted an example of how you can get Min/Max/Avg values and display them in a Dashboard. It is on our development list to make this easier in a coming version.

Attached is another example that shows how you can use tracked variables to get the same stats that the Recorder collects, and then how to display the Min/Max/Avg values using a Custom Chart in the Dashboard or a Model Documentation widget.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	min_max_avg_tracked_variable.png
Views:	367
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	2940  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm min_max_avg_tracked_variable.fsm (57.8 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 07-20-2015 at 02:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (07-21-2015)

Tags
recorder

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recorder in 7.5.2 Raju Jampani Q&A 1 04-04-2015 10:45 AM
Full Version v.s. Free Trial Version v.s. Runtime Version Cliff King Installation 5 02-14-2010 01:01 PM
Recorder David Chan Q&A 1 02-04-2010 09:42 AM
Recorder? zhang xin Q&A 4 11-02-2009 07:38 AM
How to get the Global Code Functionality from Version 3 into version 4. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 1 09-03-2007 06:12 AM