ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-28-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Jelmer Js is on a distinguished road
Default Pick and place items in a Rack

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner of Flexsim and I have a few problems:
I have a rack with 2 inputs:
- Products from one source
- Pallet with products from combiner3
The products from one source have fixed locations in the rack, which I did
by using labels.
I want to place the pallet with products from combiner3
randomly in the rack, how can I do this?

The next step I want to simulate:
I want the products in the stored pallets combine with a flow item from source1. If this has happened, this combination will be sent to processor 7. The empty pallet must be placed back in the magazine. The ASRS vehicle must be used for pick and place items in the rack. How can I simulate it?

ps: sorry for my bad English
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rack_JL.zip (45.1 KB, 178 views)
Old 03-28-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I would use a if Statement and for example the itemtype of the pallets. Means, if itemtype is the itemtype of paletts, use code for placing randomly. Else use the labels you defined. This way you only have to go sure, your items of source don´t got same itemtype as paletts.

For your further simulation, for me it would be easier to use a second rack. This way it´s easy to define how many items of which bay to pull. Wouldn´t need any more logic ;-)
If you realy use a second rack, you will not even need the changes I explained earlier.
Old 03-29-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Jelmer Js is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your answer Sebastian!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Items are placed in rack Dane Lee Q&A 4 11-19-2010 06:39 AM
how to make the forklift grab a pallet from the upper levels of the rack and place it in the first or second l LINWEIXU Q&A 5 09-04-2009 01:25 AM
I would like the pick up from the rack in function of a variable demand rate... mariogib Q&A 1 03-13-2009 10:53 PM
Flexsim beginners are sometimes just amazing (Rack - Pick Operator) Tom David Q&A 1 12-05-2008 10:35 AM
Pull items out of a rack BenjaminBuecklein Q&A 1 09-22-2008 03:59 AM