ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-25-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Fernando Igor is on a distinguished road
Default TrafficControl

Hi everyone!
I have a question about the sample model called "Highway Traffic". A "Traffic Control" object was used in this model?? I explore the "tree" and i could not find any object like this one.
So, I was wondering how the traffic merge into the ramps was controlled. Can I use the TrafficControl object to control this, simulating the red and green ligth effect?
I'll be waiting for an answer, thanks!
Old 09-25-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Fernando,

This model uses conveyors to move the flowitems through the model. If you look in the tree you will see two light objects ("SouthLight", "NorthLight"). They are queues that use their OnReset and OnMessage triggers to control the conveyors connected to their center ports.

I know that I have done some things to use network nodes to control the flow of traffic in a model. If you look at the mining demo models th open pit model an intersection that use a traffic controller. It behaves more like a stop sign than a light though.

I hope this helps,
Brandon
Old 09-25-2009
Flexsim User

Default Thank you

O.K. Brandon, I will check that model.
Thank you!
Old 09-25-2009
Flexsim User

I saw the model that you told me. It will be useful for my model to represent those crosses that only have stop signals.Is there any kind of code (to use on the triggers)
that could help me to make the red and green light effect? I mean, some way to stop the traffic for a few seconds, using the TrafficControl object.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions of TrafficControl ? Li Chin Q&A 0 01-15-2009 07:32 AM