ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
shivrash is on a distinguished road
Default Few Queries

I have gone throgh the examples and download tutorials. I have few questions to ask:

(i) How to provide realistic appearance to the model? By default, we have a white color base over which a grid is appearing and above that the model is constructed. Instead of this white color base and grid, I want to have a different color background or I want to show a wall or a room. How to do this?

(ii) Whenver I use an operator or transporter, they travel through the machine/conveyor. How to change this? Also, when a conveyor is used, the transporter goes to the input side of conveyor and collects the material but physically the material is shown at the output port? How to make the transporter go to the output port and collect the material?

Kindly help.....
Old 07-20-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

The background color can be found in View Settings. This is one of the modeling utillities that can be found under View in the main menu. (typing background color in the search option of the user manual would have give you that)

To prevent a person walking through a machine you can use a path system.

The conveyor problem is a bit more tricky. The easiest solution is to put a small conveyor of 1 product length at the end and let the operator pick it up from there.

A different solution would be to take a standard tasksequence as it is generated by the conveyor and change it so that the operator travels to the product in stead of the conveyor, but then you also have to prevent that the operator walks into the air. So this is not really for the beginner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
shivrash (07-21-2009)
Old 07-21-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
shivrash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Hamoen View Post
The background color can be found in View Settings. This is one of the modeling utillities that can be found under View in the main menu. (typing background color in the search option of the user manual would have give you that)

To prevent a person walking through a machine you can use a path system.

The conveyor problem is a bit more tricky. The easiest solution is to put a small conveyor of 1 product length at the end and let the operator pick it up from there.

A different solution would be to take a standard tasksequence as it is generated by the conveyor and change it so that the operator travels to the product in stead of the conveyor, but then you also have to prevent that the operator walks into the air. So this is not really for the beginner.

But in my model, the conveyor length is 5. What to do?
Old 07-21-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I guess what Steven meant (and this would be also my solution) is to use two conveyor. One has the length of the product and the other the rest to get the whole conveyor length.
So in your case you have e.g. one conveyor with length 1 and one with length 4, where the short one is the conveyor where the operator unloads the items from.