ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-03-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Post problem on network node

dear all

I have a problem in network nodes, when i connected trolley to the node it is not moving and it is showing system console error which i am unable to understand. i have posted a model below on it, as model 1.

and the actual model that i took for reference (trolley n operator by JG 2 ) is working well but when i connected the operator with the source by using network node it showing the same error as in the first case.

please look at the models below.

can please someone help me to solve this problem.

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm model 1.fsm (228.4 KB, 386 views)
File Type: fsm trolley n operator by JG 2.fsm (220.7 KB, 387 views)
Old 06-18-2015
Joao Marques

Downloads: 0

Hi,
I'm the one who made that model (JG). Your error message is because your source is not connected with the network node. After connecting it (with A), the same error will appear with the Queue 8. And after this you will get an error from the coding execution, probably because some variable was badly referenced.
The model I built (trolley n operator by JG) is not very malleable, because of the logic that it uses, also I built it as an example of creating a task sequence code.
I would recommend you to base your model in the "trolley n operator by JG CTS.fsm" which uses the coordinate task sequence functions has is less like to present errors when changed. But I must warn you: the adaptation MAY NOT WORK as well as you expect since using two task executers combined is not a trivial task, and should be properly programmed.

But just for highlight, your problem was that you must: 1) connect the source with the dispatcher (using S); 2) connect the source in the network node (with A); 3) check the option "use operator for transport" in the source.

Hope it help you!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm trolley n operator by JG CTS.fsm (218.6 KB, 376 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Joao Marques For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
sravan kumar

hi

thanks for the model sir. i have done the model has suggested and the same warnings are being shown as you warned.

there is no other issue with the model and it is running as expected but problem is faced when i connect operator with the network node where the operator should perform its previous task at queue 8 before handling the trolley. operator(ss) is carrying load till queue 5 from there onwards it showing errors.

please look at the edited model sir.

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm model 1.fsm (228.8 KB, 349 views)
Old 06-21-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

In the Queue5 entrytrigger, you set the variable 'operator' to be rank(trolley,1), but there is nothing in the trolley, so it can't create the allocate task as there is not dispatcher for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015
sravan kumar

hy sir

thanks for the reply sir, i have checked the logic, but i am unable to understand clearly what is the problem in the logic. sir please post the model/logic.

thank you
Old 07-23-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30

Hi Sravan,

Can you tell me where did you get the fs3d file for the trolley?

Thanks,
Rahel
Old 07-24-2015
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi Rahel.
Try to use sketchup 3dwarehouse (Website is below) search the key word "trolley "
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (07-27-2015)
Old 07-24-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30

Hi Jing Chen,

Thanks for replying. I downloaded the trolley but the file is in .skp
Do I need to do something to change the type of file?
Sorry but I'm really lack of experience with this kind of thing

Regards,
Rahel
Old 07-24-2015
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi Rahel
You do not need to change any about the .skp file download in sketchup 3dwarehouse if you use Version 7.3 or higher.
But if you use Version 7.1 or lower, you may need to change .skp to skpetchup version 8 or lower (While it look not different if you do not open the file in skpetchup)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
Rahel Carolina (07-27-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Network node MTBF Zulay Sarmiento Q&A 1 05-29-2015 07:57 AM
How to set dynamicaly closing node edge in a network node Preethi Sivaramakrishnan Tips and Tricks 8 06-27-2013 01:35 PM
Transporter and network node Shahin Gelareh Q&A 1 06-22-2012 07:52 AM
Network node TreeView shafizad Q&A 5 08-25-2010 04:33 AM
How to color network node Nico Zahn Q&A 5 05-25-2010 07:04 AM