ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-13-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Default Distributed save question

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am trying to arrange my flexsim project as follows:

Project_root/
|-project_name.ffm
| -Forklifts/
| |-forklifts.fsx
|
| - Racking/
| |-racking.fsx
|
| - Roadmap/
| |-roadmap.fsx
|
| - Misc/
| |-misc.fsx

for the purpose of source controlling it.

My problem is that I cannot figure out an elegant way of specifying that a list of paths {P11,..,P1n} goes into file F1, {P21,..,P2m} goes into file F2, and so forth, without assuming that the paths are always arranged sequentially in the root of the model.

It seems that I can accomplish it by creating split points, but the way I understand the process, split points only work if the tree is arranged a certain way, so if I add another forklift at a later date, it will go to the end of the tree and will be saved in the wrong file unless I somehow reorder the tree.
I tried creating multiple entries with different paths but the same file but that only saves the last entry.
I tried listing several paths in the same entry separated by a commas, semicolon, or space, but that didn't work at all.

Thank you!
Vadim

Last edited by Vadim Fooks; 05-13-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-14-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are right, you can either save off a single node or you save off a part of a tree. So to achieve what you want you can do 1 of 2 things. either make sure that you only have to save off one node by putting the objects that belong together into a node. So you make a node "Forklifts" in your model and put all your forklifts in. But I wouldn't recommand this for TaskExecuters because it brings up all kinds of possible other problems like different axis systems and having to move objects in and out another object. For FixedResources it could work.

But that leaves the other solution which is simply a short script on reset that puts all the forklifts together. If you use the splitpoint and use it by name and make sure that the first object of a group is always the same you can use that object name to split up your model.
Old 05-14-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough

For the benefit of the newbie, how do I sort the nodes?
Thank you!
P.S. It seems that an ability to save several specific entities in one file is a reasonable thing to expect. Is there a new features wishlist where I can add a request? Should be reasonably easy to implement too.
Old 05-15-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

use a for loop to loop through the modeltree (x<= content(model())) and use rank() to access an object and the command setrank() to place it on a different position. A very simple but a little elaborate would be to make a table with name and position and check for the name and the matching position or use a name with a number and disect the number and use that to create the correct rank.

I think your wish is not strange. If you log on to your account on this website, you can make support request and I think that is a good place to put your request.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot save a model as an XML file Vadim Fooks Q&A 1 05-10-2012 06:17 PM
Save output console to textfile Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 11 05-07-2012 03:12 AM
Error message when I try to save a model. Ger Finan Q&A 1 04-29-2012 06:22 PM
update flexsim 5.10,can not save model LINWEIXU Q&A 5 01-31-2011 07:11 AM
Cannot save project under Windows 7 64bit with FS4.5.2 Stephan Seidel Installation 6 06-14-2010 07:30 AM