ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Nicole Witkowski is on a distinguished road
Default editing the main panel

I am trying to find out if there is a way to edit the main panel tool bars that load with FlexSim.

I believe when I went through the training course that it was briefly mentioned that these could be disabled.

The purpose of what I am trying to do is to be able to send a customer a model which they can open in FlexSim themselves, however I only want them to be able to use the buttons and controls that I have in a custom GUI that pops up along with only certain buttons that are in the default main toolbar. (The goal is to make it as simple as possible for the user and not to confuse them with all the extra buttons) Is this possible?

I am looking to keep only the Run Time & Run speed options as well as adding a button to open a GUI.

Going through the main tree view I am able to delete the buttons that are currently there, but if the model is saved and reopened these changes to do not stay. Also, when I go through the global preferences to add a custom button, the image for the button does not appear and it gives me no option to add text next to the button (similar to how the Script button has the image with the word "Script" next to it). My worry is also that if I just add a custom button in the Global Preferences, that it would only show up on my computer and not be there for someone I would send the model to.

Is there anything that I can do to accomplish this?
Old 07-11-2013
Steelcase, Inc.

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 11
Cameron Pluim will become famous soon enoughCameron Pluim will become famous soon enough

Nicole,

One option is to put code into the OnModelOpen trigger found in the Tools menu. For instance, the following code will remove the panel that houses the Excel, Tree, 3D, and Script buttons

Code:
destroyobject(node("VIEW:/active/Main Panel/1/5"));
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cameron Pluim For This Useful Post:
Nicole Witkowski (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013
Flexsim User

Thank you Cameron, based on that I went in and grabbed the code that adding a custom button to the toolbar uses, and I have successfully used it to add a button to the user toolbar.

However, I am still having issues with the images for the bitmap of the button. I have tried several of the images in the "buttons" folder and only a few work. Shouldn't I be able to use any image? Also how would I go about changing the size of this button and adding text similar to how the Reset, Run, Stop, and Step buttons are? I tried to add a spatialsx node but that doesn't seem to change anything.
Old 07-11-2013
Steelcase, Inc.

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 11
Cameron Pluim will become famous soon enoughCameron Pluim will become famous soon enough

Nicole,

There is a node with the name "notext" in "VIEW:/active/Main Panel/1/userpanel/usertoolbar". If you delete this node, the buttons on the User Toolbar will have the name of their node. In order for the names to show up after you have deleted the node, you will have to run the following command:

Code:
refreshview(node("/1/1/1/userpanel/usertoolbar",views()));
Old 07-12-2013
Flexsim User

Before I saw your message about deleting the notext node I was attempting to just add the new button in the panel where the Reset, Run, Stop, and Step buttons are.

I can get what you suggested to do by deleting that notext node to work, however, I cannot figure out how to move the user panel over to the left of the window. It is nice how i have it now that the buttons start on the far left, but a few things are not acting as I would expect still.

The Stop button becomes wider than needed (if you hover over it you will see that it extends far past where the word "stop" ends), also the same thing with not being able to move the user panel over, ideally I would like to move the run speed over so that it is directly after Run Time.

Am I missing something here? I tried to add a "spatialsx" node under the buttons but that doesn't do anything. Also on the user toolbar i was trying to change the spatialx node to a value of 5, but when I refresh the view nothing happens.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have deleted everything else out of my model and attached a model with the code that will edit the toolbars here. Everything is in the model open trigger.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm EditingToolbarsTest.fsm (2.75 MB, 74 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Editing fonts on a gui Gutirallo Tips and Tricks 2 04-09-2012 12:23 PM
Scrollable GUI Panel Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 0 02-11-2011 04:04 PM