ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 02-24-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough
Default Access to transporters only in particular path

Hi all,
I have a simple problem.I have source that feeds queue.There are two transporter 4,5 that travels from edge NN1 to NN4.My question is how to make transporter4 should only choose alternative path (NN3 to NN2) to travel .Meaning that there should be no access point for transporter 4 to travel across(NN1 to NN4)

I tried to control the section with a traffic control but could not
Attached Files
File Type: zip model.zip (38.7 KB, 90 views)
Old 02-25-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sagar,

I have simple questions, too, why aren't there any connections from the traffic control to the controlled network nodes? Can you us tell what modes did you try, what your approaches were?

Jörg
Old 02-25-2014
Flexsim User

sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hi jorg,
I am sorry that i did not post the model that is connected to traffic control.What i did is i changed traffic mode to untimed traffic modes and set Max nr to 1.

Actually my problem is the network nodes connected is basically belongs to one departmental area.The transporters that belong to other area cannot enter.What i want is the transporter 4 leading to network nodes NN1 should divert to NN2 TO NN3.With the mode i selected i do not know how to distinguish with the transporters which does not belong to this area.

Other approach is i want to dynamically open or close node edge at on arrival trigger of the networknode(NN1) with the transporters
Attached Files
File Type: zip model.zip (39.4 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 02-25-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2014
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sagar,

the traffic control is an object what it is named for. It controls the traffic, but it does not divert the traffic. It let a taskexecuter enter a controlled area or let him wait. You want divert a taskexecuter to go over another route. That can you do at a network node in the onarrival trigger: Return the path the taskexecuter should travel to.
That is the way I read the manual.
Jörg
Old 02-27-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Sagar,

I am attaching a simple model illustrating your requirement.

Regards,

Arun
Attached Files
File Type: fsm routing.fsm (19.7 KB, 102 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-27-2014)
Old 02-27-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you arun for the model
Old 02-27-2014
Flexsim User

My problem is solved,But i want to know if the taskexecutors of same classtype with two different groups that can be controlled with traffic control?
Old 02-27-2014
Flexsim User

yes, you can. In my post http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...01&postcount=2 I control a specific classtype. You can define your group by any attribute you want.
Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (03-12-2014)
Old 04-22-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Arun

Thanks for your model However I realized that if you lengthen the distance of anyone of the path, the TE will travel repeatedly between two nodes. I have to add return on the next node so as to get the TE to continue to be in the direction.
sagar bolisetti (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Control route for operator/forklift

Hi

I have added a model to demonstrate how I can control the direction of the operator or forklift in the model. In this model, I would like to have the forklift travel by the back of the rack instead of in front of the rack.

Regards

David
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test (5).fsm (25.8 KB, 78 views)
Old 04-30-2014
Flexsim User

Hello David,

you can still use an own tasksequence, which let the taskexecuter travel offset the way you like. Or you change the active tasksequence of the taskexecuter before he has not arrived at the networknode connected to the rack. You insert further tasks in the active tasksequence and set the rank before the last task. A standard traveltasksequence consists of 5 tasks. If you inserts a new task to the sequence then the rank should be 5 again.
I have not mastered the right scale of the placeoffset values so far. Should the transporter still take a turn to place the item from the front instead of the back of the rack you can move the item directly to the rack and cancel the frunload task.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
David Chan (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Jorg

You have an example for me?
Old 05-01-2014
Flexsim User

sure,

here you see the source code from a network node in front of a rack. If you use the code you have to change the location parameter values of traveltollocation task. Probably you do not need the condition to differ the unloading from different rack sites.

Code:
/**Custom Code- travel to the back of the rack*/
treenode traveler = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
int toedge = parval(2); //the number of the edge that the traveler is going to next
int fromedge = parval(3); // the number of the edge the traveler came from
treenode ts = gettasksequence(traveler,0);// active tasksequence
int curtask = getcurtask(ts);
if (getinput(traveler)!= 2){// 2nd item unloading from the front, not modifying the standard tasksequence
    if (curtask > 3){// transporter goes to the rack
        inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC,NULL,NULL,-4,8,0,1);
        setrank(last(ts),5);
        inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC,NULL,NULL,0,8,0,1);
        setrank(last(ts),6);
        //  insert tasks after unloading
        inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM,getvarnode(traveler,"modifyrotation"),NULL,0,0);
        inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC,NULL,NULL,0,8,0,1);
        inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM,getvarnode(traveler,"modifyrotation"),NULL,1,0);
        inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC,NULL,NULL,-4,8,0,1);
    }
}
Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 02:39 AM. Reason: lost attachement
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (05-06-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collision between transporters Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 07-06-2012 06:22 AM
linking two transporters Shahin Gelareh Q&A 7 02-26-2012 10:49 PM
Line Up transporters shafizad Q&A 3 01-26-2011 09:46 PM
Modifying Access MDB files… without Access (and free) Jorge Toucet Tips and Tricks 1 11-21-2008 05:13 AM
make transporters cycle a specific path bsantens Q&A 4 10-21-2008 08:08 AM