ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 07-24-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Waiting Time

Hi I would like to clarify the waiting time on the dashboard.

I have created a simple model as attached. I would like to capture the patient waiting time to MRI and bed placement. At the dashboard I have chosen average for "Statistics to Show". After running for 2 hours, I saw the average waiting time is 27 and 22 for Bed Placement and MRI respectively.

The following is my question:
1. Does the time include the process time?
2. The average time that I have in the waiting room is 29. Does it make sense that separate average waiting time is higher than the overall average waiting time?

One more question, I would like to reflect the changes of the average waiting vs time in the dashboard. How do I do that?

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm HC Waiting Time.fsm (71.2 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-28-2014
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

When I run your model for two hours, I get the following:

Average Patient Wait Time for BedArea = 33.98
Average Patient Wait Time for MRI = 22.83

WaitingRoom1 Staytime: Average = 32.27, Maximum = 66.49
PatientArrivals1 Staytime: Average = 1.43, Maximum = 11.83

The differences in these numbers seem reasonable to me considering the following:
  1. The patient wait times for a location begin when the transfer activity starts (keep in mind, the patient is in the arrivals object when the activity starts), and finishes when the patient begins walking to the location.
  2. The waiting room has insufficient capacity to hold all arriving patients, so sometimes the patients are waiting in both the arrivals object and the waiting room (e.g. at the end of two hours, WaitingRoom1 is full and there are five patients in the PatientArrivals1 object)

The Locations > Dwell Time > Dwell Time dashboard widget allows a Line Plot to display the Avg/Max/Min or Total dwell time of patients in a location.

Keep in mind that you will have a difficult time making sense of the waiting times so long as your waiting room has insufficient capacity to hold all waiting patients!

Tags
statistics, waiting time

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to track "Waiting for operator" time ? mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 4 06-24-2013 10:34 AM
Problem with waiting bus for passengers Tomasz Kisiel Q&A 7 04-26-2012 05:03 AM
State Waiting for Operator Nico Zahn Q&A 6 01-15-2009 09:00 AM
Waiting to dispatch other task. Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 2 09-15-2008 04:39 AM