ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-06-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
qin tian is on a distinguished road
Default how to make a Rotary Rack?

Hi, how to make a Rotary Rack like that in the attachment?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.zip (2.51 MB, 340 views)
Old 11-07-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

one way would be to use a conveyor. On which pallets are traveling. Each pallets represent one rack. The pallet owns already a function, which places the flowitems on it. If you choose the size of the pallet similar to the flowitem size then the flowitems are stacked on top of each other.
Probably you could write your own logic, how to stack the flowitems. The last step is simply to change the shape of the pallet.
There exists a demo model, which uses pallets on a conveyor: PalletConveyorLoopExample.fsm. First when I was testing this model from flexsim 3.51, the pallets weren't displayed. I repair this behaviour in the flowitem bin under tools. After that the model works fine.

best regards
Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
qin tian (11-08-2008)
Old 11-08-2008
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Qin Tian,

if you need flexibility regarding no. of racks and/or size of the rotating rack, I would use kinematics to have the standard rack objects with only one bay per rack traveling around. So you could easily change dimensions of a rotating rack...

Regards

Ralf
aka ralle
Old 11-09-2008
Flexsim User

Ralf, Sounds great. But I don't know how to use kinematics. Could you make a simple sample?
Old 11-10-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Qin,

Please read the help file about the kinematics and take a look at this model:
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...?do=file&id=14

This model can be found in the download section under user concept models.

If you have any particular questions after that please ask again.

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Scott Mackay (10-08-2009)
Old 11-10-2008
Flexsim User

I am considering two solutions

1 put rack in pallet, then use conveyor.
2 put rack in railobject using railAPI Anthony supplied.

Which one is better?
Old 11-10-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the amount of experience I would go for the conveyor.

Steven
Old 11-10-2008
Flexsim User

Smile

Hi, I have made a sample using conveyor, and it seems work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.zip (47.6 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by qin tian; 11-10-2008 at 06:25 AM. Reason: modify
The Following User Says Thank You to qin tian For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-11-2008)
Old 08-28-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi,

one way would be to use a conveyor. On which pallets are traveling. Each pallets represent one rack. The pallet owns already a function, which places the flowitems on it. If you choose the size of the pallet similar to the flowitem size then the flowitems are stacked on top of each other.
Probably you could write your own logic, how to stack the flowitems. The last step is simply to change the shape of the pallet.
There exists a demo model, which uses pallets on a conveyor: PalletConveyorLoopExample.fsm. First when I was testing this model from flexsim 3.51, the pallets weren't displayed. I repair this behaviour in the flowitem bin under tools. After that the model works fine.

best regards
Jörg
can you tell me how repair it? ,i can not find PalletConveyorLoopExample.fsm, can you attach it thank you very much
Old 08-29-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qin tian View Post
Hi, I have made a sample using conveyor, and it seems work.
professor qin ,there are something wrong in your model,if you create more flowitem,or when you inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM, getvarnode(current,"speed"),NULL,10);Error will come out. If you look carefully,the rack will jump when you inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM, getvarnode(current,"speed"),NULL,1);
i think we can not dynamicly change the convey's speeds by inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM, getvarnode(current,"speed"),NULL,1).
i do not know why . can anybody tell me why?
i change your model,it run well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip S2.zip (41.3 KB, 218 views)
Old 08-29-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

In a way this is a strange question. How can you expect that an object behaves correct, if you just change the value of a node? What happens with the events in this object? If you just change the speed value nothing happens to the current events in this object and the items in the object might behave in a strange way. I did not have a look into the model, but I guess there are more things to take care of. There is a command changeconveyorspeed() and I would think there are more things done behind the scenes like recalculate the events. I am not sure if there is an easy way to call such a command inside a task sequence, because there is not such a task type. Maybe something can be done by splitting the task sequence and use the send message task to evaluate some code and afterwards create a new task sequence with the other tasks.
Would it be an idea to have such a task type, like executestring() TASKTYPE_EXECUTESTRING or TASKTYPE_CALLCOMMAND? I guess it would give a lot of flexibility, but maybe there are technical issues.
Old 08-29-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default covey speeds

i test to control covey speeds,but it does not response Rapidiy,if set speeds 0,then set 100 ,the covey can not resume.
Attached Files
File Type: zip covey-speeds-test.zip (24.2 KB, 210 views)
Old 08-29-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Linwei,

I am not sure what you are trying to do, because what you describe in your post you are not doing in your model ( I had a look into the code you just change the node value speed). If you want to change the conveyor speed of a conveyor, use the command changeconveyorspeed(). The variables node “speed” will be set within the command, so you don’t need to do it manually.
Please just use the command changeconveyorspeed(current,1) at OnEntry Trigger and changeconveyorspeed(current,100) in the photo eye trigger. The conveyor then will change the speed between 1 and 100, depending when which event will be fired.

If you want to set the speed to zero, I guess this is more a stop of the conveyor and I would use stopobject() and resumeobject(). Looks like changeconveyorspeed(current,0) is also working, because it takes the events for the conveyor away and is creating new ones. But in the above example, the photo eye trigger will not be fired, so the model will not working. That’s why I choose 1 and 100.

Looks like you did not read my last post or you did not understand what I meant. Just use changeconveyorspeed().
Old 08-30-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

sorry ,tom David ,i do not read your last post,it seemd we posted last post at same time.i used task squence to make a rotary rack ,just a simple example,and i want to used kinematics to make a rotary rack,but the rack can not rotate Around the axis (not its axis),and the command initkinematics(node infonode, obj object [, num managerotation, num localcoords]),chang managerotation and localcoords 1 to 0 not action.detail see attach.
Attached Files
File Type: zip task squence.zip (74.3 KB, 220 views)
File Type: zip XUANZ3.zip (40.3 KB, 216 views)
Old 09-04-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel
Hi,

best regards
Jörg

can someone tell me how repair it? ,i can not find PalletConveyorLoopExample.fsm, can someone attach it thank you very much

and about
“ i want to used kinematics to make a rotary rack,but the rack can not rotate Around the axis (not its axis),and the command initkinematics(node infonode, obj object [, num managerotation, num localcoords]),chang managerotation and localcoords 1 to 0 not action.detail see attach.”

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cell Control in a Rack Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 10-22-2008 09:16 AM
Pull items out of a rack BenjaminBuecklein Q&A 1 09-22-2008 03:59 AM
lifo fom a rack?? Kevin Baird Q&A 4 06-26-2008 04:23 PM
Rotary Crane Nico Zahn Q&A 2 11-13-2007 01:58 AM
Rack Varying Dwell Times Jeff Nordgren Q&A 0 08-09-2007 03:06 PM