ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 12-06-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default How to use a User Event?

I want to learn how user events work. What I intend to do is to create a custom trigger that runs after every minute and I want different things in my model to do different things on that trigger. Is it possible ?
Old 12-07-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello,

I am not sure why you want to do this, because when you call a user event every minute, it will slow down your simulation a lot. Maybe you can explain what you want to do and there is a better solution.

But if there is not, you could create a user event that is repeated every minute and call a user event that collectes everything you need or send a message to the objects you want to do something.

Esther
The Following User Says Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough

I am simulating an Emergency department and I am also trying to build an agent based (adaptive model) I want to model decisions in such a way that they take the current wait time i.e. average waiting to be seen time of patients that are currently in the waiting room into account.
Since Flexsim is a DES software it moves from one trigger to next and so can only run codes at these specific points.. I wanted to put a label on each patient indicating his waiting time which continuously updates itself.. So I thought if I can a have a trigger every one minute I can run a command to update the waiting time again and again..
Old 12-07-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

You can just calculate the values when the decision happens - if that event is, for example, based upon the availability of some resource. If the decision time is based on the values you're talking about then you calculate the decision time when something changes that alters that calculation. Then scheduling the decision event can be for example a delayedmessage to an object, or a similar event mechanism. You have options then to identify whether the decision has expired by sending in something to identify the event (eg. the time it was sent) and a stored value of the latest decision event that was scheduled (on a variable or label) - or you can manipulate the events on the object so that you only have one valid event scheduled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (12-10-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stopping automatically the simulation after set a Timetable or User Event Gleny Rodriguez Q&A 4 03-16-2010 01:04 AM
User Event as Experimenter? ankus d Q&A 2 02-17-2009 08:06 AM
User Event firing - precision problems Shankar Narayan Q&A 6 02-16-2009 07:01 AM
Problem with user event Yasemin Vatandas Q&A 2 08-06-2008 02:49 AM
question about User Event Ning Wang Q&A 3 04-22-2008 10:56 AM