ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-03-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Lift asrs fork with kinematic

Hi everybody,

i want to know if it is possible to apply a kinematic to an asrs forks (lift element) in order to lift it along z direction, instead of using normal tasksequence command( TRAVELTOLOC, FRLOAD, FRUNLOAD).

The reason of my question is that i have connected an asrs to an AGVnetwork, so the TE is capable to follow curve path, but if i give to asrs, simple TRAVEL TASK in order to travel from a control point to another control point, it doesn't moving the lift while it travels and i eventually waste time when it reaches the rack and has the lift at a wrong z location.

i've tried to apply a kinematic to the node " MODEL:/traslo>variables/forkkinematics", to apply a kinematic using a label as kin node, put the updatekinematic command on the CustomDraw trigger but it doesn't work.

is there someone that as an idea on how i can do the travel task at the same time of the kinematic move of the lift ?
Or how i can apply a correct kinematic to lift the fork ?

Thank you very much

Kind regards
Old 07-07-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Mauro,

If you add a lift kinematic operation using the addkinematic() command to the fork. The fork of the ASRS will be lifted to the required height during its travel operation.The forkkinematics node under variables node is responsible for the kinematic operations of the fork. Here I believe, you don't have to create an additional kin node label for doing the aforementioned. After unloading the fork will follow the default kinematics operation.

note- You have to write addkinematic command in the on load trigger of ASRS.

Please see the attached model.

Regards,

Arun KR
Attached Files
File Type: fsm ASRS Kinematics_AKR.fsm (18.9 KB, 376 views)

Last edited by arunkrmahadeva; 07-07-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: editing description
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Jing Chen (07-08-2015)
Old 08-03-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Downloads: 29

Hi,

Thank you for your reply !
At the end i apply the kinematic to the node:
("MODEL:/traslo>visual/drawsurrogate/Lift"); because i use the asrs with a shuttle on it.
Everything goes well so i keep this solution.

Thank you again.

Kind regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mauro Rigoni For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (08-04-2015)

Tags
agv, asrs, kinematics, network, task executer

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transporter fork extender Manoj Kumar Q&A 1 07-11-2012 10:10 AM
Updating Kinematic FrankJanssen Q&A 4 12-20-2010 05:51 AM
About founctions of kinematic Dane Lee Q&A 5 08-17-2009 04:05 AM
ASRS Lift Acceleration Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 2 01-30-2009 02:59 PM
Forklift with custom fork 3D object. Anthony Johnson Tips and Tricks 0 07-09-2008 12:22 PM