ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-08-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice
Default different process time based on operator type

Hello,

any pointers on how to can i use different process times based on the type of operator i selected for the job?... i have operators with different labels (types), all on a dispatcher, the operator selected for the process is based on distance and availability and depending on the operator type i want to use different process times...

i found a similar question from 2012, but i didn't get a clear picture on how to set this up...

any help is appreciated...

regards

Pablo
Old 03-08-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Pablo, I don't know which thread you have found. But you can insert a sendmessage task in the utilize tasksequence for the operators. Rerank the sendmessage task to rank 2 for example. The operator send the message to the processor and you set a label on the OnMessage Trigger. This label contains the process time of the processor. Evaluate this label in the Process Time function.
If you want to be absolutly sure the message sets at the right time the label, you can activate the setup time for instance to a small value and you call the same operator for setup and processing.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Pablo Concha (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016
Flexsim User

Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Thanks for your reply Jörg, i tried implementing this in a demo, but t's not workng.... the process uses the time set before the current operaton. This is i think because of the order of execution of the process properties...it calculates the process time and the it assess the pick operator option.....

if i use the setup to pick an operator i´m afraid another process wth higher priority may steal the operator...so not sure if i could set it this way...

regards

Pablo

edit. i just thought that maybe you meant for me to use custom task sequences, but i haven't tried that yet...
Attached Files
File Type: fsm demo_process_time_by_operator_not_working.fsm (19.6 KB, 355 views)

Last edited by Pablo Concha; 03-08-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2016
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Hi Pablo,
I have made a model in which the process time is based on the label of the operator.
But I think it may be too complicated (used custom task sequences)
Hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm different_operator_different_processtime_byJing.fsm (37.8 KB, 381 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
Pablo Concha (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016
Flexsim User

Hi Jing,

Thanks for your help!, i think this is what i'll have to implement on the model, it's not that complicated as i thought..

regards

Pablo

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting item color based on type Bill Bacon Q&A 2 01-18-2016 04:23 AM
Modify process time based on number of operators naren nataraj Q&A 4 02-23-2012 09:33 AM
How to set different operation time based on operator type Brandon Zhao Q&A 6 02-20-2012 09:42 AM
State report based on the operational time Simon Farsah Q&A 8 06-07-2011 01:42 AM
Frame Animation based on Time Shanon Loughton Q&A 4 04-06-2009 09:57 AM