ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-19-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road
Default AGV how to pick-up right after drop-off in pocket station layout

Hello,

in my AGV network the stations are in a pocket style, with drop-off and pick-up points after another. The head control point is online, so that AGVs don't enter the pocket if there is no work. When the drop-off is completed, the AGV shall first check for work at the pick-up point ahead or otherwise look for work elsewhere. I connected the drop-off to the pick-up point via NextLookForWork, but the AGV simply passes through and the next comes to pick-up the load. Can it not pick up because it is not passing over the head point? I also tried via a LookForWork reference back to the Head CP or a direct destination connection to the sending queue, but did not really work out. I am sure I am just missing a small detail. The tutorials are great, but only use spurs in station design, so would be great if someone could point me out how to do it :-) My test model attached.

Thanks so much in advance,
Kat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	AGVstation.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	3180  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test-AGVflow.fsm (148.3 KB, 279 views)
Old 02-20-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Katharina,

if I understand you right, you want, that the taskexecuters get earlier new transport tasqsequences. If you connect more points after a drop off decision point by a connection of the type NextLookForWork the taskexecuter looks for the next transport tasksequence ahead. Unfortunately with this method a taskexecuter which executes a transport tasksequence isn't going to load an item at the same unload pocket, if another taskexecuter has got already that tasksequence. Maybe there exists a method to preempt such begun tasksequence and transfer it to a more suitable Taskexecuter nearer to the PickUpPoint.
I think I have read something to transfer or dispatch tasksequences to a DecisionPoints or an area of DecisionPoints. With this the transfer of a Tasksequence can be delayed to a available Taskexecuter nearest to the PickupPoint or Pocket.

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test-AGVflow-KM_JV.fsm (64.0 KB, 297 views)
Old 02-21-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road

Hello Jörg,

thanks for getting back to me. Also in your model, if you observe around 350 s into the simulation at the upper station a vehicle comes to drop a green load off and the yellow load at the same station is ready for pick-up. But the vehicle drives through without loading it. I had the task sequence stored in the Head CP, the AGV doesn't take it, because it is loaded while crossing over it. I will play around a bit more and see whether I can find a solution. Your comment that the task sequence was already dispatched was very helpful, so I know what I need to check for.

Thanks a lot,
Katharina

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AGV's pick-up and drop-off behaviour in new AGV module... syseo Q&A 1 06-08-2015 10:05 AM
Gas Station and Car Wash sandylms Flexsim Student Forum 12 05-30-2014 12:25 PM
something wrong in pick list about" Pick Operator with Animation" LINWEIXU Q&A 5 10-16-2013 11:01 AM
Crane drop off position Christian Norregaard Q&A 12 10-24-2012 05:27 AM
Control station with prognosis function LINWEIXU Q&A 0 01-17-2011 08:48 AM