ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-18-2016
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Default Arrivals Table at Source

Hello Forum,

I have 3 different products (let's say product A, B, and C) that I one to produce in one assembly line. So I put one source to feed the first work station and set Arrival Sequence as the "Arrival Style".
I input the type of products and the quantity per product.
The strategy is, after producing 1000 of product A, the next production batch will start. To do change over, I want the source send signal to all work stations that right now they will create product B by set the label "product" to "B" in every work station.
Is that possible to do that? If it is possible, how can I access the label in Arrivals Table?

Or is there anything I can do to tell all the machines that they need to do change over for the next product?

Thanks.

Regards,
Rahel
Old 02-18-2016
Adarsh Jeyes

Downloads: 3
Default Production schedule; Changeover

Hi Rahel,

Check if this attached model clarifies your issue.
Codes have been written mainly on the Source's triggers.

Also, check the 3 processors' message trigger for changeover logic.

Regards,
Adarsh J.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm 19-02-16 - Q&A.fsm (15.9 KB, 296 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Adarsh Jeyes For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (02-19-2016)
Old 02-19-2016
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30

Hi Adarsh,

Thanks for responding.
I opened your model but I didn't find anything there. It looks only like a blank page.
Do you maybe know why?

Regards,
Rahel
Old 02-19-2016
Adarsh Jeyes

Downloads: 3

Hey Rahel,

I have constructed the model in release 7.7.2. I have faced a similar issue while trying to open models constructed in the latest release (7.7.2) in previous versions (7.5, 7.1, etc.).

This should most probably be the issue.

Download 7.7.2 FlexSim installer and try opening the model in the same.

Regards,
Adarsh J.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Normal distribution in Hourly Arrivals (PatientArrival) Kelvin Heide FlexSim HC: Q&A 3 10-22-2015 02:44 AM
Problem with Hourly Arrivals and stoparrivals() Pablo Concha FlexSim HC: Q&A 3 07-30-2013 08:32 AM
Source Flowitem properties using Global table jasonjj Q&A 11 06-04-2012 12:33 AM
Blocked source Congshi Wang Q&A 3 11-01-2010 06:55 AM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM