ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-08-2007
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Portable Data Collector

In building a simulation, one of the most important parts is to plug in good data.

If anyone knows of or has any experience with a reputable company that manufactures portable data collectors, please share your knowledge and experience with the community. I'm talking about tools for measuring line speeds, machine rate, production numbers, etc.

I'm already familiar with the stopwatch approach (stand there with a stop watch and count manually), but if you know of any specific companies that automate the process, we'd love to hear about it.
Old 11-08-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Ben,

I have a client that uses video in combination with loggers to inspect and improve there production lines. I made an excel/vba program for them to process the data and I can ask what brand of loggers they use.

I come back to you when I get the answer from them.

Regards,

Steven
Old 11-12-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Ben,

The logger they use is the Grant Squirrel type 2010. Quite easily to find on the internet.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Steven Hamoen
Old 11-12-2007
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Steven!