ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-07-2015
Matthew Heidkamp

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Firing Pull Requirements when Queue is Full

I am trying to model a line where two processors pull from the same queue. The processors run on a defined time schedule and are at times both "down". When this happens the queue typically fills up and processes upstream will shut down. Once the model has reached the time to run the processor(s) again they won't pull any items. Does anyone know how to fix this. I feel like I need something in the background saying every second check the requirements again.
Old 05-07-2015
Ryan Jaynes

Downloads: 0
Default How is it setup?

Matthew,
What you are saying should be easy enough to do I'm not sure what problems you are running into really if you set up the queue and two processors and have them run off time tables and as long as those time tables have the right settings it should run the way you expect my recommendation is to post a simple file of what you're trying to do and I'd be happy to take a look at it to see if I can find anything that might be messing up the behavior.
Old 05-08-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Matthew,

I have tested a similar model, but I can't detect your behaviour. I have tested MTBF/MTTR and Timetables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Heidkamp View Post
I am trying to model a line where two processors pull from the same queue. The processors run on a defined time schedule and are at times both "down". When this happens the queue typically fills up and processes upstream will shut down. Once the model has reached the time to run the processor(s) again they won't pull any items.
Attached you find my model StartPullAgain.fsm. Perhaps you can post a similar simple model of your problem, as Ryan suggested.

Jörg

Tags
processor, pull strategy, queue

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Companion to the Recommended Minimum System Requirements Markus Cueva Installation 0 01-17-2014 04:32 PM
What are Flexsim's hardware requirements? Cliff King Marketing and Sales Information 2 07-12-2010 10:46 AM
How to pull items from a queue? Daglys Brizo Q&A 3 09-04-2009 08:17 AM
User Event firing - precision problems Shankar Narayan Q&A 6 02-16-2009 07:01 AM