ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-16-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Question What time units?

As a standard our company works in decimal minutes. However when I tried entering time values into Flexsim in minutes the animation ran too fast. Am I correct in thinking that Flexsim animation works best if process times are entered in seconds?

Assuming I am entering process times in seconds am I correct in thinking that a transporter speed of 2 is equivalent to 2m/sec?

I am interested to hear what time units everyone uses in Flexsim.

Anth
Old 08-16-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 35
Dirk-Jan will become famous soon enough

Anthony

Everything in Flexsim is in scale-less units. If you define your time unit is seconds (what we would use in about 90% + of the cases), your speeds will be measured in that unit as well (and of course all other time related parameters). Your time unit will typically depend on the scale you are modelling. If your run simulations with an horizon from a couple of hours to a couple of days, a second would be the best unit.

Regarding the animation speed: you can always slow the animation down by using the speed scroll bar!!

regards,

Dirk-Jan (DJ) Moens
Talumis
Old 08-16-2007
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Add one point to Dirk-Jan's post:

If you want the model unit to be minutes instead of seconds, you have to be consistent throughout your model. That means, the transporter speed needs to be set to be 120 (meter/minute). And it is equivalent to be 2 meter/second.

Alan
The Following User Says Thank You to AlanZhang For This Useful Post:
Yasemin Vatandas (07-30-2008)