ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-24-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
danielle paniccia is on a distinguished road
Default realistic evacuation model

i am trying to determine how to create a realistic model of an apartment building evacuation after a fire alarm has been triggered, and am wondering the best way to go about this. i'm hoping to effectively model the responses of different types of people (eg old and young, men, women, and children, those moving faster and slower etc). could the people all be modeled as various operators? the model run would come to completion once the building has been completely emptied. i'm not sure where to even start, so if anyone had any suggestions of how i might go about doing so, i'd certainly appreciate them!
Old 06-25-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Danielle,

We have made a few models with people flows
Airport:
Stadium:

These models are all constructed with the use of a Person Flow Library that we have build. Let us know if you want more information. (
www.talumis.com)

Regards,

Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (06-26-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple, realistic pipe layout brett forbes Q&A 1 03-25-2013 07:29 PM
Mass Evacuation Model Danny Pavan Q&A 5 05-11-2012 12:35 PM