ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-06-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default Questions regarding GUI

Hello

I am trying to build a very simple GUI. Here is what I am trying to do
1.) I hit a button to run a code (This is the part I have been able to do so far)
2.) I want to update the number value of a static text/edit box.. Basically when I run the code on hitting the button, I calculate a value. I want that value to be displayed on the GUI somehow.
3.) I want to make a checkbox. A particular piece of code in the model should only run when this checkbox is checked.

The documentation on GUIs is insufficient. I have not been able to get the concept of hotlinks/coldlinks. I could get what they mean in the model's GUI but how can I use them to make a custom GUI and how to write the code inside them. Call me dumb but flexsim's documentation is not exactly its strength in teaching a naive student like me !!
Old 07-07-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

You have already used the search function and an external search engine, before you asked for help?

You have not found the video tutorials.

Regarding your last question, you are not dumb. You have found the flexsim forum.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 07-07-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default Questions unanswered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi,

You have already used the search function and an external search engine, before you asked for help?

You have not found the video tutorials.

Regarding your last question, you are not dumb. You have found the flexsim forum.

Jörg
Hi Jorg,

Which search engine are you talking about ?
I had seen some videos on this post which has one less video than the link that you gave me http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=362

There is no example of how to use a hotlink in any of these videos. Coldlink is pretty simple to execute.
There is no example of how to use a radio box or a checkbox.

So my original questions are still unanswered
" When I run the code on hitting the button, it calculates a value that I store on a label called "avg_WTBS" in the queue called "BED AREA". I want that value to be displayed on the GUI somehow.
A particular piece of code in the model should only run when a checkbox/radio button is checked."

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Statistics questions Jack Lai Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 07-16-2012 03:59 AM
Questions on coding Jack Lai Q&A 6 02-07-2012 12:04 AM
Two questions that are raised David Chan Container Terminal (CT) Library 6 01-22-2010 09:23 AM
Questions of TrafficControl ? Li Chin Q&A 0 01-15-2009 07:32 AM