ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 02-11-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
shivrash is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to download v 4.5

Hi

I am unable to download the new v4.5...
The download starts and after some time (3-4 %) it stops popping a message that the file is corrupt..

Plz help
Old 02-11-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that this is happening to several, but not all, of our customers. Consequently, we're working on a new download strategy to make it more reliable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Brandon Peterson (10-01-2009)
Old 02-23-2009
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

There is a download problem affecting some of our users. Unfortunately we can't duplicate the problem in our main office, and the partners we've contacted also can't duplicate the problem. This makes the problem very hard to diagnose and fix - when we don't experience it we can only guess at solutions.

If you are having trouble downloading any files from flexsim.com, please email our webmaster directly (webmaster-at-flexsim-dot-com). We can get the file to you in another way.

----------

If you are affected by this problem and you would like to help us fix it, please send the following information to our webmaster (webmaster-at-flexsim-dot-com):

• include the subject line: "help with download issue"
  • what file were you trying to download
  • IP address (if you don't know, visit http://whatismyip.com/)
  • connection type (high speed, cable, dsl, dial up, etc)
  • connection speed (download and upload) (for comparison's sake, we'd like all our users to use the same service for this info. Visit http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ - choose the Seattle, WA server - requires Flash. Our actual web server is in WA, so this should be fairly accurate).
  • the web browsers you tried (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and the version numbers (if you don't know your browser's version, click on Help>About in your browser's menu).
  • do you have any sort of download management software installed? Some are Firefox extensions.
  • what operating systems you've tried

Thanks for your patience and help as we try to sort out this issue.

Last edited by Ben Wilson; 03-13-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: obfuscated email addresses
Old 03-01-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough

Dear all,

I also face the download problem for nearly a month so I cannot successfully present my model in ex-company to my new company bosss. Everytime it will stop in halfway and I cant use any download agent in office.

Then I got a CD from the local distributor but it is not the latest flexsim version which cannot support the only VB version downloadable in MS, this make me get annoyed and till now hold the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wilson View Post
This download problem has only affected a small portion of our users, so it has been a hard problem to diagnose. We can't duplicate the problem in our main office, and the partners we've contacted also can't duplicate the problem. It makes it hard for us to fix it when we can't see the problem - we're just guessing at solutions.
Just a comment, I think there is a wrong attitude from the above passage.

Kelvin
Old 03-02-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

Please send an email to the address specified in the post you quoted from. that post was not intended as a way of saying that it wasn't a big/important problem but rather that the problem will need to be addressed directly with the individual as each solution will be different.

We want to help out all of our users as quickly and efficiently as possible and the best way we can see to do that with this problem will be to have you contact us directly at the address specified.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 03-10-2009

Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

I updated my post above to clarify our position on the download problem. Hopefully some of you experiencing this issue will look at the list above to help us solve this problem.

Thanks in advance to all who are willing to help us figure this out.
Old 03-11-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

I also have this problem. I am in China. Maybe I am too far from the download point.
Old 03-11-2009

Distance shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure you don't have trouble downloading files from other US based companies. We want our downloads to be available to users around the world, so we really need to get this issue fixed.

Please help us to fix this issue by providing us some information to help diagnose the problem. Please see my post 5 posts up to learn how you can help.
Old 03-11-2009

I've totally reworked the downloads area for Flexsim. I'm hoping that the problem is resolved.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced the download problem that can confirm that now the downloads are working?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
shivrash (06-11-2009)
Old 03-26-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Ben. Now I can download it.
Old 06-11-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
shivrash is on a distinguished road

Hi

Its me.. starter of this thread..
I don't know how, but for me, the download is working...
I am able to download the latest version of Flexsim and install it...

Any ways, thanx to all the guys there who helped to resolve the problem...

THANX A LOT...

Old 06-25-2009
CN biggest Sim***** *****

Downloads: 70
zhouzheng is on a distinguished road

good Jesus,
My account is activated ,at last!!

I am a new comer , but I love flexsim!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Download Alerts! Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 19 06-29-2010 10:36 PM
4.5 download problems Shankar Narayan Installation 2 03-10-2009 04:25 PM
error:Unable to open storage set. make sure the file exists. qin tian Q&A 3 11-17-2008 01:05 PM
Unable to install v4.3 &4.32 shivrash Installation 6 05-07-2008 08:32 PM
Unable to move the view by left-click dragging? Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:01 AM