ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-19-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default can anyone gives more details on what is a navigator.

can anyone gives more details on what is a navigator. The manual doesn't say much about it.and I want know why op walk along Network,how control it?
Old 08-19-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

what do you know by now?
Old 08-25-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

you can tell me what you know,thank you , I can not describe what i know.
Old 08-26-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The Navigator objects are black boxes. Users don't really need to know much about how they work. They just work. What users need to know in order to make them work is documented in the manual. Similarly to how a driver doesn't need to know how internal combustion or a transmission works in order to drive a car, a Flexsim user doesn't need to know the internal working of the navigators so it is not documented thoroughly in the manual.
Old 08-26-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

From the user manual's documentation on the Travel Task type:

Quote:
Here the TaskExecuter travels to the object specified. This is done by make a travel request to the navigator that it is connected to. If it is connected to a network, then it will make a request from the network navigator.
Note on TaskExecuters and navigators: Some objects by default are not connected to a navigator at all. If the TaskExecuter is not connected to a navigator, then it will do nothing for the travel task. The following objects do not connect to any navigators by default: ASRSvehicle, Elevator, Robot.
The use of a navigator is only associated with the travel task. The TaskExecuter notifies the navigator that he needs to get to some destination, and at that point the navigator takes over and "pushes" the TaskExecuter like a pawn on a chessboard, according to its own "black box" rules. The network navigator will push the object along a network path, whereas the default navigator will just send him directly there. It really is a "black box" type situation, and you don't really need to know the nitty gritty details. It just works. Additional learning should be in how to build/configure networks, which is documented in the NetworkNode topic in the user manual.

If you want to get details on a given network, i.e. distances between nodes, etc. you can look at the "NetworkNodes" category in the command reference.

Last edited by Anthony Johnson; 08-26-2009 at 02:14 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (08-26-2009)
Old 08-27-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ight=collision i want to know the answer about this thread,but nobody help him. i think this question have something with navigator or node

“Can anyone help me about the problem I marked my previous post?
The AGV's cuts the network and goes directly to the destination after collision ends.
How can I make them to follow network after collision?”
Old 08-27-2009
CN biggest Sim***** *****

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
zhouzheng is on a distinguished road

??????????? linweixu is infamous around these parts?
what is this..
Old 08-28-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

I wrote something wrong
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ight=collision i want to know the answer about this thread,but nobody help him. i think this question have something with navigator or networknode

Last edited by LINWEIXU; 08-28-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't look at the model, but I assume it uses task sequence preemption to implement collision avoidance. When a travel task is preempted, the preemption mechanism will take the object off of his current path on the network, making him "inactive" on the network. From the user manual:

Quote:
Whenever a TaskExecuter finishes a travel operation, arriving at the node connected to the travel operation's destination object, the TaskExecuter will become "inactive" at that node, and the red line will be drawn to the TaskExecuter while he is doing other operations in that node's area. What this means is, the next time the TaskExecuter gets a travel task, he must return to the NetworkNode he was inactive at in order to get back onto the network.
The preemption mechanism basically does the same thing as described above, but by the fact that it's preemption, it must make the TE "inactive" before the TE can actually get to his destination. So when the TE takes up his next travel task after the preemption, he will go directly to the next node, instead of following the path. To avoid this, you must use the redirectnetworktraveler() command instead of using preemption. For the next version we've added some special logic that, given the right circumstances, will automatically call redirectnetworktraveler for you when a TE is preempted, so that he can continue on his path, but instead travel to a new destination as part of the preemption.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Tom David (09-01-2009)
Old 09-09-2013
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
I didn't look at the model, but I assume it uses task sequence preemption to implement collision avoidance. When a travel task is preempted, the preemption mechanism will take the object off of his current path on the network, making him "inactive" on the network. From the user manual:

The preemption mechanism basically does the same thing as described above, but by the fact that it's preemption, it must make the TE "inactive" before the TE can actually get to his destination. So when the TE takes up his next travel task after the preemption, he will go directly to the next node, instead of following the path. To avoid this, you must use the redirectnetworktraveler() command instead of using preemption. For the next version we've added some special logic that, given the right circumstances, will automatically call redirectnetworktraveler for you when a TE is preempted, so that he can continue on his path, but instead travel to a new destination as part of the preemption.
hi Anthony,I found this problem remains unresolved in flexsim 6.02
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (09-10-2013)